The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Purity14 - Unbelievable Insurance Quote..!!

Havard

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this agreed value cover ? when ever i've done agreed value the ins comp want printed photo's of the car inside and out and with a list of mods declared.

Then they offer a figure to which if the car is totalled they will will pay you. If you've not got a figure agreed by an insurance company then surely its drama time if the worst happens ? Cheap isn't always the best.

I have this on my car now at £13k, i have 9 points, 7 yrs ncd, 5k miles limit, garaged with all mods declared for just over £300, i am 49 so i guess i get pensioners rates lol

I don't think it's agreed value but they did ask for the value of the car. No pictures requested etc. I am going to ring them again and clarify a few things. I stopped short yesterday as I was tring my best not to burst out laughing.....:D

I don't have a garage, and there is no shortage of Did's around here.

I declared 12,000 miles per year and they didn't even ask for NCD or alarm certification.

Ok, ringing the post office I am....:)

H.

Just waiting for the underwriters to get back to me:sly:

They didnt ask about my NCB, Car alarm & security & a few other minor details, Is that right?

Didn't ask me either. They probably just won't pay out if you make a claim which ik ok as it's cheap.....:D

H.

Didn't ask me either. They probably just won't pay out if you make a claim which ik ok as it's cheap.....:D

H.

lol Ok well Im still waiting for them to get back to me. I wanted them to ask me how long ive owned the car for because 2 and half years is long for me to own a car and not get bored:d + it shows that ive got over 2 years experience.

The lady I spoke to was sure that I rang up yesterday:blink: I told her it would have been one you lot (Thanks to brendon lol)

Matey try find out the score with the NCB, saves me wasting my time ringing ;)

You just sit there Neil, we'll do all the running around, want a brew?:sly:

MkIV import, clean license, 11 years NCD and 55 years young.

Ah, they must had an old fossils criteria in their policy and subsequently give cheaper prices to the old and infrim....:innocent::D

H.

Day off my fellow low powerd supra driving friend.

Its alright for some my low powered extra lightweight removed all crumple zones supra driving friend.

Joking about the crumple zones but it sounded funny.

Soon as I get my quote (Thats if they aint run off because of all the supra owners ringing up) I will post it up here.

Its alright for some my low powered extra lightweight removed all crumple zones supra driving friend.

Joking about the crumple zones but it sounded funny.

Soon as I get my quote (Thats if they aint run off because of all the supra owners ringing up) I will post it up here.

Cheers matey b*llocks .

They just rang back and they wont insure me because its my everyday car. Its silly because im 25 & the only thing on my licence is 3 points which was 2 year ago:( This is the same with most insurance companys. Its so hard to own a nice car round here.

TBH i was expecting them to say that.

So far cheapest for me is still Aplan at £685, £115 dearer than last year.