The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Purity14 - Unbelievable Insurance Quote..!!

Havard

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone looking for a renewal on a jspec TT soon post up a their quote with relevant info (No claims, convictions etc) Please. As i may want to renew in the new year and just wanted a ball park figure to work with. Im currently with sky, may change though if this insurer seems to be all its cracked up to be.

NB. Although I have a feeling imports may be off this insurers domain.

Thanks Purity 14 Hopefully I will be looking for no more than £400 which is excellent compared to Sky.

Moi: 29 9Yrs NCB 3points (Stationary Parking Violation :blink:)

Might consider incurring the cancellation fees and jumping ship, obviously with the "hmmm is that the best you can do I'm not quite sure its worth the hassle of changing providers" speal.

Cracking quote, how were they with mods Havard?

Surprised you were getting such high quotes, was that without any no-claims?

They just took my details of the small amount of mods I knew about on the TT, didn't ask many questions really.

Those prices were with 6 years no claims. I couldn't understand why I have struggled to get "normal" insurance prices. Vicki and I both have company cars, professional jobs, not had a fault accident in 14 years, 1 sp30 between the two of us and we get silly prices.

Move things to a classic policy and your premium is slashed. Nothing actually changes, there is a Supra sat on a drive and driven by the same two people, surely the risks are the same.

There are two £30K list price cars on the drive and they can be insured for £600 doing 20K miles and using them for business too.

Insurance is just a lottery and you need to find a company who is looking for people like you.

H.

Just one thing H. - are you sure your NCB will be adding up when you are on classic policy?

The NCB will not be adding up on a classic but we can always change our arrangements with one of the other cars. My NCB is taken up on my Audi. Vicki had built up 9 years on a personal policy for her company car but it is now on a fleet policy, hence us having 9 years to use on the Supra.

We won't let it go to waste. I think you have two years before you lose your NCB??

H.

Points for parking? What's the story there then? I didn't know you could could get points for parking offences, unless you were parked blocking a pedestrian crossing or something equally stupid.

You can get points for parking on the Zig zags near a pedestrian crossing.

How are they with major mods, single turbo 600ish horses?

How are they with major mods, single turbo 600ish horses?

Agreed value?

I don't know, ring them.......:eyebrows:

Whats this about your NCB not going up if your on classic?

I was on classic with an MX5 and i still got my years NCB added or am i reading it wrong?

They didn't even ask for no claims bonus and neither did AON when I joined them. Generally you will not get additional no claims if you have the car on a classic. If this is your only vehicle and you use it for daily driving/commuting I would be surprised if they would offer it on a classic.

H.

I don't know, ring them.......:eyebrows:

They didn't even ask for no claims bonus and neither did AON when I joined them. Generally you will not get additional no claims if you have the car on a classic. If this is your only vehicle and you use it for daily driving/commuting I would be surprised if they would offer it on a classic.

H.

Ahh okies.

I will give them a ring anyways.

Thank you :)

Is this agreed value cover ? when ever i've done agreed value the ins comp want printed photo's of the car inside and out and with a list of mods declared.

Then they offer a figure to which if the car is totalled they will will pay you. If you've not got a figure agreed by an insurance company then surely its drama time if the worst happens ? Cheap isn't always the best.

I have this on my car now at £13k, i have 9 points, 7 yrs ncd, 5k miles limit, garaged with all mods declared for just over £300, i am 49 so i guess i get pensioners rates lol

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)