The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt's Single Build Project (HKS GT30R)

wallis

When do you pick her up mate?? Wasnt too loud then, will the neighbours kill you or not lol. Shame about the missfire but given the work you did not really a big issue :)

Id offer a loan of the ignitor and Supersparks off mine for mapping, but theyre up here and the car's down there...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you pick her up mate?? Wasnt too loud then, will the neighbours kill you or not lol. Shame about the missfire but given the work you did not really a big issue :)

Id offer a loan of the ignitor and Supersparks off mine for mapping, but theyre up here and the car's down there...

Dudes putting the ign pack and coil packs from his beast in mine to see if that cures it fella, but thx for the offer mate

You can't hear the Misfire to the naked ear guys it's only after 6200 revs, what u can hear is my I phone!!

It was that loud with the fans and car it just kept making popping sounds when i recorded....lol

Jesus if that was a misfire my engine would if blown up under that boost!

I did post earlier but it didnt appear. Epic upside down vid first off Matt, plus 490 with a missfire, not bad! Good backfire as well lol

Lol.....afr have an anti gravity dyno, it's a fooker to keep in picture !!

Yeah very loud backfire, shit me right up the first time :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey up guys, had a mental day.....lol

Picked up the car at about 11 oclock this morning got stuck on the M25 for 2 hours, nearly ran out of fuel, then got stuck on the M1 for an hour and a half, it was pissing it down all day and the roads were horrid.

It took almost six and a half hours to get home however i bloody loved every min of it, the car is fooooookin bonkers running at 1.4 bar, the power delivery is savage in the wet!

I had a fairly dry run for a few miles on the M1 and opened her up at about 70mph........and i honestly think a small bit of poo came out, as soon as the turbo came online i was spinning the rears, scary!

My car was pretty bad in the wet before, but now its just insane....lol

I am so looking forward to driving this in the dry to see what it can do (videos will defo be made)

The drive is like stock, just loads faster, i cant belive what matt at afr has done, its so smooth and the spool up sounds like a jet engine, i took my bro out in it and shit himself and couldnt belive the sound coming from the engine, the exhaust sounds wicked too, really deep and raspy now on full wot.

The massive sports rad and coolers have made a huge difference to the operating temps on everything, a great result on that front.

Bad points from todays drive are the cars to low to get on and off my road and i almost melted the bonnet.....i didnt have the heat sheild on the turbo as i stripped it myself before i took it to afr, when i walked away from the car in the rain i could here water sizzling, i turned round to see it was the rain on my bonnet above the turbo instantly evaperating as it landed on it.......yikes!

I quickly popped the bonnet and thank god its actually ok........lol

Overall im completely over the moon with the car and cant wait for the roads to dry out so i can take it for a propper drive, i honestly dont know how these guys with big bhp keep the power down, its crazy!

Will post some pics of the dyno and some of the finished car tommorrow, maybe even a video or two :-)

cheers fellas.

Hey up guys, had a mental day.....lol

Picked up the car at about 11 oclock this morning got stuck on the M25 for 2 hours, nearly ran out of fuel, then got stuck on the M1 for an hour and a half, it was pissing it down all day and the roads were horrid.

It took almost six and a half hours to get home however i bloody loved every min of it, the car is fooooookin bonkers running at 1.4 bar, the power delivery is savage in the wet!

I had a fairly dry run for a few miles on the M1 and opened her up at about 70mph........and i honestly think a small bit of poo came out, as soon as the turbo came online i was spinning the rears, scary!

My car was pretty bad in the wet before, but now its just insane....lol

I am so looking forward to driving this in the dry to see what it can do (videos will defo be made)

The drive is like stock, just loads faster, i cant belive what matt at afr has done, its so smooth and the spool up sounds like a jet engine, i took my bro out in it and $#@! himself and couldnt belive the sound coming from the engine, the exhaust sounds wicked too, really deep and raspy now on full wot.

The massive sports rad and coolers have made a huge difference to the operating temps on everything, a great result on that front.

Bad points from todays drive are the cars to low to get on and off my road and i almost melted the bonnet.....i didnt have the heat sheild on the turbo as i stripped it myself before i took it to afr, when i walked away from the car in the rain i could here water sizzling, i turned round to see it was the rain on my bonnet above the turbo instantly evaperating as it landed on it.......yikes!

I quickly popped the bonnet and thank god its actually ok........lol

Overall im completely over the moon with the car and cant wait for the roads to dry out so i can take it for a propper drive, i honestly dont know how these guys with big bhp keep the power down, its crazy!

Will post some pics of the dyno and some of the finished car tommorrow, maybe even a video or two :-)

cheers fellas.

chuffed for you, really am, all those late nights working on it payed off.. we do need some in car vids though, lol

Well done matey, the first drive is fun isnt it

loved it mate, took it out again this morning.....lol

I made a few vids but just cant get the power down with the wet greasy roads still......thing just goes sidewards instead of forwards!

I will post the vids up shortly, nothing to exciting its still to wet for a proper test drive :(

Just thought i would put this little post together about the finished car.

The car made 501bhp and 520ftlb and im over the moon with it. :D

It honestly drives like stock with the auto box, Matt at AFR did an awesome job mapping it with 720cc inj and the AEM FIC, the cold start is perfect and even turns over on the key with no messing about and with iridium plugs fitted, which has shocked everyone.

I really do have to give a massive thx to AFR on my build, there were a few issues which they had to sort out and Tommy is now my new found idol......lol

Cheers Guys John, Matty, Tommy and not forgetting bear!

What a great bunch of guys.

Heres a Walk a round Video of the car ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/mattshrewd#p/u/1/5fh7EvXmAO0

Here is a few pics of the dyno graphs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127252&d=1298202099

attachment.php?attachmentid=127250&d=1298202099

attachment.php?attachmentid=127251&d=1298202099

Heres a short video of a drive this morning, roads are way to wet and greasy so nothing to exciting, the cars all over the place on boost!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mattshrewd#p/u/0/mqWvclR81Zc

Heres a few pics of the finished car, covered in wet shitty dirt.....lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=127253&d=1298202099

attachment.php?attachmentid=127254&d=1298202099

attachment.php?attachmentid=127255&d=1298202150

attachment.php?attachmentid=127256&d=1298202150

attachment.php?attachmentid=127257&d=1298202150

attachment.php?attachmentid=127258&d=1298202150

Thx everyone for the advise and for following the build, i have a few more plans for a cold air box build and to make and some heat sheilding around the turbo so will keep u posted.

cheers,

Matt ;)

dyno-graph-2.jpg

dyno-graph.jpg

Car-AFR.jpg

Fin-Car-4.jpg

Fin-Car-5.jpg

Fin-Car-6.jpg

Fin-Car-3.jpg

Fin-Car-2.jpg

Fin-Car.jpg