The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt's Single Build Project (HKS GT30R)

wallis

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been what feels like an eternity since ive posted about the project so thought id do an update :)

Well firstly due to the horrid weather last December all plans for the car going to AFR failed twice, thx to the snow!

Im also a plumber and ive got to say this has been the the most mental last two months of my working life....lol

Ive been so busy with call outs and breakdowns, the cars just had to wait untill i had some spare time to get it to AFR.

The car is now re-booked in on the 31st which is this monday for the finishing work at

last!!

Its having the 264 in/ex cams fitted, ressistor pack for new injectors, AEM FIC fitted dyno'd and mapped and the EGT sensor is being fitted onto the downpipe, plus a few other small jobs like filling up with fluid's etc and new plugs.

Over the winter the cars had the new wheels and tyres fitted and the full carbon TRD spoiler fitted, i have also got a one off lower do-luck front spoiler which is being wrapped in carbon fibre in the next few weeks which is bonkers, looks really good but will be very very low on the front!

I will get some pictures up this week to show u what it will look like;)

In the mean time heres some pics of the finished car in the ice and snow with the new wheels and spoiler, and before u say yes the pics are pretty wank as i cant move the car or the fence to get some decent pics....lol

Enjoy;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=125974&d=1295977419

attachment.php?attachmentid=125975&d=1295977419

attachment.php?attachmentid=125957&d=1295976940

attachment.php?attachmentid=125959&d=1295976940

attachment.php?attachmentid=125958&d=1295976940

attachment.php?attachmentid=125961&d=1295977208

attachment.php?attachmentid=125960&d=1295976940

attachment.php?attachmentid=125962&d=1295977208

attachment.php?attachmentid=125963&d=1295977208

attachment.php?attachmentid=125964&d=1295977208

attachment.php?attachmentid=125965&d=1295977208

attachment.php?attachmentid=125966&d=1295977278

attachment.php?attachmentid=125968&d=1295977278

attachment.php?attachmentid=125969&d=1295977278

attachment.php?attachmentid=125967&d=1295977278

attachment.php?attachmentid=125971&d=1295977326

attachment.php?attachmentid=125973&d=1295977326

finished-engine2.jpg

finished-engine6.jpg

finished-engine7.jpg

finished-engine3.jpg

finished-engine1.jpg

new-wheels-black.jpg

1full-car-2.jpg

1full-car-3.jpg

1full-car-4.jpg

1full-car-5.jpg

1full-car-6.jpg

1full-car-7.jpg

1full-car-8.jpg

1full-car-9.jpg

1full-car-10.jpg

1full-car-11.jpg

Int-3.jpg

Int-1.jpg

Just driven down, took about 4.5 hours but arrived safely and can't wait for afr to get started on it!

I'm sat about in my hotel room waiting for top gear to start...lol

I will take loads of pics and vids in the next few days and keep u posted.

Nice one Matt, look forward to this mate :thumbs: What figure are you hoping for? What Hotel your staying at mate, i'm heading down there in a few weeks, will save me the hassle of finding somewhere if its decent?

Im really aiming for 500rwhp, with the race cams im hoping to reach the target.

I just hope the aem fic can do the job, in the last few months they seem to be getting pretty poor results on peoples projects!

The hotel is about 150 yards from AFR.......lol

Its the premier Inn Horsham its cheap if u book a month or so before, other wise £76 a night!

Im really aiming for 500rwhp, with the race cams im hoping to reach the target.

I just hope the aem fic can do the job, in the last few months they seem to be getting pretty poor results on peoples projects!

The hotel is about 150 yards from AFR.......lol

Its the premier Inn Horsham its cheap if u book a month or so before, other wise £76 a night!

Note to self, book in advance lol. Hope you get it mate, are AFR mapping it or Ryan? 500whp should make for an interesting drive home !!

Note to self, book in advance lol. Hope you get it mate, are AFR mapping it or Ryan? 500whp should make for an interesting drive home !!

Matts mapping it at AFR bud, i wish i could drive it back i drove down here with a transporter so ive got to drive it back.....lol

Its not moved for 3 months i have forgotten what its like to drive at all!

Good luck Matt, out of interest is anyone else running a aem fic on a single?

It seems people that have are having problems, i was advised by ryan to start with to go for the fic for my set up, small single & auto.

However my set up's changed fueling wise since then, which could cause problems on cold start and plugs etc and my boost levels.

We will see how it goes this week, my car is a good base car to work from with an fic but only the dyno will show.

Sorry guys, pretty boring update.....lol

I can't upload any pics as I only have my note book and can't resize my camera pics.

Cams are in and didn't even need shimming, thank u god & mr hks!

Dude will rebuild the head tommorrow and put everything back together and get all the fluids filled up.

Matt fitted the fic and just needs to finish of the resistor pack in the morning, then After a few little jobs it's onto the dyno to be mapped fingers crossed.

Ive got to say the guys from afr really are a great bunch, I've been hovering about all day like a fly round shit and they have been really sound.

There's some serious talent under one roof at that place, there all mad on cars!

Well I will take vids and more pics tomorrow, when its all done :-)

Cheers guys

Quick update fellas, after a fair bit of tinkering and sorting out a burst water pipe and faulty vac t' piece tommy and matt got in running. And man it sounds awesome!

The fic handles the 720cc inj on cold start perfectly, the cams are in and sound great infect better than the stock ones did :-)

Unfortunatly due to the fault finding, it's put the mapping back so I'm staying another night, tomorrow there changing the gear box oil first thing and then it's mapping all morning :-)

I'm over the moon about everything so far and tomorrows the big day finding out what power she's running!

Keep posted ;-)

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Hey up fellas, sorry I've not been online or answered texts!

Basically I'm back in Lincoln after a 5 hour drive back but without my car..... Lol

It was suppose to just have a quick gearbox oil change first thing thismorning and then straight onto mapping, however I forgot about the restriction ring in the exhaust, so as soon as the gearbox oil was changed it should of been a quick job to remove it.......oh no!

The chap who built my custom system had welded it into the 3" midsection so tommy bless him had to spend hours reconstructing me a new exhaust section!

He did an awesome job but the car didn't get on the rollers untill about 2 ish.

Matt mapped it then unfortunatly the plugs had to be changed to 8's, a really cold plug basically for high boost, after a few Tweeks on the map with the new plugs things were good with a power run to about 475bhp running just over 1.2 bar!

Everything was going well untill it appeared I was getting a slight misfire over 6200 revs, Matt thinks it could be a dicky ignition pack or a possible coil pack, so the dyno was aborted until the fault is found.

Matt and John really want the car to be running perfectly so I'm leaving it with them for the problem to be sorted.

I'm a bit gutted but it really shows matts commitment to the cars he tunes and maps :-)

Man it sounded good on the dyno, I've taken some vids on the couple of power runs Matt did before the problem, I'll post them up tommorrow!