The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt's Single Build Project (HKS GT30R)

wallis

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nightmare day.....lol

Got the flow results from the second set of injectors this sarvo and they were only 540cc and one needs replacing, so was gutted as this is the second set of inj i have had now, and has held the build up for about 6 weeks now! :(

However after speaking to adrian, who i bought my turbo kit from, i have very luckily Just managed to source from him a hks fuel rail, hks 720cc inj (which have been flow tested and cleaned and with the paper work ;)) a fuel regulator and resistor pack:D:D

Im picking them up monday night and hopefully this injector nightmare will be over!

I know a few people will be thinking this set up is to big for a AEM FIC but watch this space, this is going to be a first!

The car is also now booked in at AFR and is being tinkered with by dude and mapped by Matt on the 21st Oct.

Hopefully we should get some really good power figures now with this new fueling set up, i really want to hit 500rwhp so im even more excited now:D:D

Previously this HKS 3037S kit @ 1.65bar made 494rwhp @ 5750rpm and 506lb/ft @ 4333rpm on V-Power.

http://www.itrelate.com/supra/forsale/CIMG0014.JPG

So im hoping i will reach my target of 500rwhp with everything else i have done to the car:d

I also bought some new wheels today to finish of the car, just got to source some tyres now.

keep u posted soon.

Are the injectors HKS? I ask because HKS don't do a top feed 720cc to fit the HKS Fuel Rail, they do 550cc (purple), 680cc (Light Blue) and 1000cc (Light Blue)

The injectors might be siemans actually, I was going for bigger inj to start with but these 720cc's fit the rail also and would be better for the AEM FIC so i went with them mate, i never actually asked him the make, just guessed they were hks as the larger ones were.

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Another nightmare day.....lol

Got the flow results from the second set of injectors this sarvo and they were only 540cc and one needs replacing, so was gutted as this is the second set of inj i have had now, and has held the build up for about 6 weeks now! :(

However after speaking to adrian, who i bought my turbo kit from, i have very luckily Just managed to source from him a hks fuel rail, hks 720cc inj (which have been flow tested and cleaned and with the paper work ;)) a fuel regulator and resistor pack:D:D

Im picking them up monday night and hopefully this injector nightmare will be over!

I know a few people will be thinking this set up is to big for a AEM FIC but watch this space, this is going to be a first!

The car is also now booked in at AFR and is being tinkered with by dude and mapped by Matt on the 21st Oct.

Hopefully we should get some really good power figures now with this new fueling set up, i really want to hit 500rwhp so im even more excited now:D:D

Previously this HKS 3037S kit @ 1.65bar made 494rwhp @ 5750rpm and 506lb/ft @ 4333rpm on V-Power.

http://www.itrelate.com/supra/forsale/CIMG0014.JPG

So im hoping i will reach my target of 500rwhp with everything else i have done to the car:d

I also bought some new wheels today to finish of the car, just got to source some tyres now.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/Rear_shot.jpg

keep u posted soon.

ahhaaa, Jurgen got the wheels for you :) good choice mate. For tyres i'd go o ncamskill.com and get some from there - FK452's will be fin or the fronts and very cheap :)

500rwhp will feel brutal mate, good luck.

Dude will see you straight :)

ahhaaa, Jurgen got the wheels for you :) good choice mate. For tyres i'd go o ncamskill.com and get some from there - FK452's will be fin or the fronts and very cheap :)

500rwhp will feel brutal mate, good luck.

Dude will see you straight :)

no mate i got the wheels because ellis lives 5 mins from my house...lol

jurgen was very kool about me having them even though he did get them first, so i owe him big style;)

also cheers for the heads up on the tyres i will check it out mate thx;)

will post your sensor first thing mate.

375rwhp/500lb/ft by 4Krpm on the graph looks very responsive. The auto box is going to be working overtime to keep up with the gear changes. :)

its a nice fast curve, should be fun for the auto box, im defo going to be running it on its limits, but ive been looking and u can pick them up for £100-150 all day long, so its a quick fix if i do have problems....lol

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

I think as well people need to remember this turbo is tiny compared to allot of supra builds, infact i think a few members even have two of these fitted on there cars....lol

its pretty crazy that it can push these kinds of figures, for such a small turbo and its got a faster spool up than stock ones so its going to as nic said fly through the gears in no time, would be a nightmare on a manual in my opinion.

i'd love to mate, got 2 getrags offered to me at the moment but i'd need to get like 2.5k for my set up to be able to put towards it, which aint gonna happen :)

man its so exspensive to change over, but u must love your set up or is there just to much power for an auto kinda thing?

man its so exspensive to change over, but u must love your set up or is there just to much power for an auto kinda thing?

naa mate i love it really - now i've learnt how to use the lockup switch too. the power in the auto's is immense, comes on s hard and strong and doesnt let up for a moment. would have to be an amazing deal for me to go manual.

If you're going for 500rwhp you will melt a few boxes i think mate :)

naa mate i love it really - now i've learnt how to use the lockup switch too. the power in the auto's is immense, comes on s hard and strong and doesnt let up for a moment. would have to be an amazing deal for me to go manual.

If you're going for 500rwhp you will melt a few boxes i think mate :)

like i said there so cheap its an easy fix, will be fun seeing what limits it can be pushed too, loads of people say they can handle 500bhp all day long......we shall see!

man i would love a blast in yours must be epic for an auto, neck snapping fast!

like i said there so cheap its an easy fix, will be fun seeing what limits it can be pushed too, loads of people say they can handle 500bhp all day long......we shall see!

man i would love a blast in yours must be epic for an auto, neck snapping fast!

Let me know when your down here and we'll do it :)

Yeah 500fwhp for the stock autobox, not 500rwhp :D