mark newman

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

Been a long time since I updated this thread so i think it's time to now. Dude and Simon at Austec Racing, Have been working very hard to get it ready for the 2012 HKS Drag series. I am very pleased with the results which they have acheived with my car. So anything to do with drag racing or for some more power dude is your man. After last year's dissapoinments of car breakages mainly being factory parts not being able to withstand the pressure, It was now time to make the car as strong as possible.

So we began the clutch we went with a carbonetic tripple carbon clutch, Of who i am now sponsered by.
    It is also now running a 1 piece chromeoly propshaft
    Uprated driveshafts
    Majestic diff cover
    2 way Kazz Diff in a uk large case
    Diff strenghtening sway bars
    Drag rear A-arms with full adjustment
    Prop Hoop - Not yet fitted

Performance Mod's
    Fully built engine rated to around 1400bhp
    Syvecs S6
    280 Cams
    1600cc Injectors on a PHR polished fuel rail
    Direct port Nitrous system 465bhp
    Turbo Spool nitrous kit
    Nitrous purge valves
    Large 110mm Polished plenum
    Boost logic 5 inch intercooler
    Fluidyn radiator with twin fans
    Breather Kit
    Titan adjustable cam wheels
    Uprated fuel system
    Battery moved to the boot
    Fuse box relocated

I am going to be keeping the s366 turbo at the moment, I would like to take the car to the strip to just see what this car will do with this turbo maxed out as it spooled so quickly. I think i can still get a very good result with it and even more now with the further uprades. The car previously run a 11.2 with the old setup, So now with this setup and the same turbo we should see an improvment. Then after that i will be purchasing an 83mm turbo for some serious times.

Looks good mark, whats the score with the nitrous, looks like you are running two systems? you not twin feeding the fuel rail? looks like the front feed has been blocked off?

Have you had it mapped yet?

The nitrous is a two system set up, The direct port will be used on the run, and the small nitrous system will only be to spool the turbo on the line. The fuel rail is only feed at the rear at the moment, as waiting for a new part to come to twin feed it.

It is booked with Ryan on the 18th of this month.

Nice work, look forward to seeing this at santapod this year, surely a 80mm turbo and you will be up and over the 1000hp bracket!!

Should be good for 1000 -1300 bhp , but I am not a fan of a to big turbos, as of the lag that comes with them, But I feel that I will have to change the Turbo before the HKS starts this year,

Looking good mark, should be a serious contender in the series. Finally some competition for those Datsuns! ;)

If you go for the 83mm batmowheel that Paul has on his car, it will be immense.

How's the sequential box gonna be on the road? Is it not worth just switching full auto then?...

I know quaife gearsets are pretty stout, but on the Subaru's they were never as strong as the PPG dog set.

Looking good mark, should be a serious contender in the series. Finally some competition for those Datsuns! ;)

How's the sequential box gonna be on the road? Is it not worth just switching full auto then?...

I know quaife gearsets are pretty stout, but on the Subaru's they were never as strong as the PPG dog set.

http://www.theboostlab.com/store/products/S400SX3%252d80-FMW-%28Race-Cover%29.html

This is the turbo i will most likely be getting, this is there new range so should be better then the 83mm.

And i like the idea of paddleshift, Im not to keen on a full auto as its still a street car and i do think paddleshift will still be fun.

http://www.theboostlab.com/store/products/S400SX3%252d80-FMW-%28Race-Cover%29.html

This is the turbo i will most likely be getting, this is there new range so should be better then the 83mm.

And i like the idea of paddleshift, Im not to keen on a full auto as its still a street car and i do think paddleshift will still be fun.

Looks good, you will have to mod the suspension turret to run that turbo on any of the whifbitz manifolds though, not a big deal tbh, baldy can do it for you if needed, you might even have to space it up a bit to clear number 1 runner iirc.

Looks good, you will have to mod the suspension turret to run that turbo on any of the whifbitz manifolds though, not a big deal tbh, baldy can do it for you if needed, you might even have to space it up a bit to clear number 1 runner iirc.

Thanks for that Jamie I did not know that , did you do that with yours.

Seq boxes are fine on the road, just take a look at any motorbike !!!! The airshifted paddle will virtually guaruntee no wear to the gearsd and the box Mark will have if he goes that route is not the ordinary one available to the public.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Rayan started wiring in the Nos today together with all the drag set up needed, he mapped the car today only a small map 538bhp at 1.2 bar, just so I can run it around,for 1000 miles to run in the new clutch, I will remove the drag wheels, and refit my road setup in the mean time. I hope ryan will be able to finish the mapping in about 2 weeks , and then we will be back up to the pod just to see what this small turbo can do for the last time before we install the new turbo, ready for the HKS series in the year.