The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mark's 6 Speed Single Conversion.

mark newman

great reasult from a smaller turbo but i thought a 66mm would spool quicker then that, does the 280 cam really affect it that much?

That is my thoughts too...! Spools really late and it is not very progressive at 5600 rev its got 200bhp and at 7000 has got 750bhp that must light up tyres...! On street tyres that must be hard to use..!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy moly Mark. That's an awesome figure. I guess that was with nitrous!!??

Looking at the graph, you did only look for the max power. The pull seems to have been started around 5.5k only .. correct?

I'm surprised the power still climbs above 8k ... impressive for that little snake. :)

Holy moly Mark. That's an awesome figure. I guess that was with nitrous!!??

Looking at the graph, you did only look for the max power. The pull seems to have been started around 5.5k only .. correct?

I'm surprised the power still climbs above 8k ... impressive for that little snake. :)

Yes you are right ,pull started at 5.5k. the car had drag wheels and tyres on it at the time ,of this dyno could not hold the car on the dyno we had more straps then before and still would not hold ,and yes wheel spin,Turbo spools at about 4200 rpm on the street no lag on this turbo if you know how to drive a 6 speed.:p

• 4 weeks later...

Started test fitting the new kit it's going to take alot of custom fabrication to get everything done nicely. I had problems with the 5 inch down pipe touching the steering rack and i couldnt get it to line up with the turbo. So i spoke to Full Race who said they have never had one of there 5 inch down pipes on a RHD supra before so its now custom fitted and fits perfectly. I also have to re-route the second screamer pipe to the front of the car next to the other one as there is no room for it to go down the back.

One problem i am going to have is connecting the turbo to the FMIC, I need to find a very slim 3.5" V-Band clamp as the one i have to big and touches the manifold. Any suggestions?

And next to a S366

Edited by mark newman (see edit history)

yes that could be one, weld the ic pipe direct to the housing, nice one Jamie.

GET a cast 90 degree fitting, cut the snail and weld it on then weld the v band back on the new facing the front pipe, Si or Tommy can do it for you, but it needs mocking up on the car.

GET a cast 90 degree fitting, cut the snail and weld it on then weld the v band back on the new facing the front pipe, Si or Tommy can do it for you, but it needs mocking up on the car.

yes I will have ago again over the weekend its only about 3mm it should fit. mybe it got abit late last time I had ago at it . a new day and that lot. tanks dude.

• 1 month later...