Mark's 6 Speed Single Conversion.

mark newman

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The wheels are thick but the proper weld nuts slide inside the wheel hole.

The reason for the longer studs is incase the hex part of the nut snaps off, then the part of the nut left in the wheel is now a dowel, ive seen plenty of stock wheel studs snap off I dont think I would want to put over 600 hp through them with a 6 speed, the ARP/Moroso studs are a far higher quality metal.

you said he made one for you and it was wrong. I was waiting for someone to copy your one , but no one did . I will try and make somthing up this week, Dude still ok for saturday .

Yes but he made a new one which was correct !!!!!

When its scrutineered just say you have never run it so don't know what it will do, you only need a prop hoop for under 13sec, if they notice you will prob just be told to get one fitted for the next meeting.

The reason for the longer studs is incase the hex part of the nut snaps off, then the part of the nut left in the wheel is now a dowel, ive seen plenty of stock wheel studs snap off I dont think I would want to put over 600 hp through them with a 6 speed, the ARP/Moroso studs are a far higher quality metal.

So should be ok for light use with stock studs mate but not for longer periods of abuse? What nuts did you use Mark/Jamie or again was it stockers?