The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mark's 6 Speed Single Conversion.

mark newman

It should be better for spooling my 88 mm turbo , so I might not have to use nos untill I get this engine settled in for a bit, It has been really hard starting all over again after it was all finished ready to race the next day , now I have got is lots of bits , and nuts and bolts all over the house, garage. car transporter , and in the car , what a mess I hope I don't forget how to put it all back, and it runs first time .

I wouldnt use the nitrous with that setup the car made some nice power as it was, increasing the CR should spool 500rpm earlier so ive read witch will give an awesome power band for that turbo. Cant imagine how you must feel mate and good luck to ya.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldnt use the nitrous with that setup the car made some nice power as it was, increasing the CR should spool 500rpm earlier so ive read witch will give an awesome power band for that turbo. Cant imagine how you must feel mate and good luck to ya.

The CR will have no effect on the boost threshold of the turbo but the engine will make more power low down (and across the hole rev range) and feel more responsive.

I would still use nitrous, just not such a big hit, change to smaller jets.

You just like the big bang Jamie :D Yes I will run with the Nos , but thinking of a new set up for a bit, untill I am happy on how strong the new engine is. and use a single fogger with just a 50 -75shoot to spool that turbo , or do it the other way and spay, with a single fogger the turbo inlet that would be alot safer and just might work to spool the turbo , I have seen this done on a rx7 at the pod , running high 8 sec .