The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bringing The Orange Beast back To Life!

JamieP

not a fan of orange cars tbh, however this one is special; perhaps more to the fact that it did originally belong to the tango man and then to our resident American :)

Looking forward to seeing this project develop.......

imi

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Jamie I rebuilt the engine on that and I can tell you it was a proper job,some external parts may have been altered /added , the head was also a nice job too- I would not have expected any issues even if ragged silly - top job was done mate ...

Well Jamie I rebuilt the engine on that and I can tell you it was a proper job,some external parts may have been altered /added , the head was also a nice job too- I would not have expected any issues even if ragged silly - top job was done mate ...

Good to hear, does have a nice spec and i certainly remember it always sounding nice and crisp, wont be long till she breaths again with SRD on the case:)

I remember this and if I remeber clearly GVN done the last paint work from it's accident, are you keeping the car? Very nice

GVN did a total respray and some body work for me after I got it from CJ. KR did the same again after my accident... ;)

Every component was weighed, and balanced across the engine,the head was done by my mate, who does all the radical race engine heads, it's a one off , it was cc,d, valve seats done to maximise heat distribution and flow, ported to speed up spool ( which it did)

real old school craftsman.

I always expected the engine to go long and strong,,

glad too see your car is being brought back to life mate - so, does this mean you going to be hanging around the forum again. :)

I'll certainly be poking my head in to see how things go. Relocating the family to the States so lots to do. ;)

I dont know yet, I told the wife im gonna sell it but i may get stuck with it for a while, honest:innocent::D

I am really happy i got it tbh and have no problems with keeping it, especially if i go silly with the power on my black one.:)

JP I have loads of pics of the original build if you want them.

Yeah would love them mate, how is best to get them? email or shall i drop a memory stick to you?