The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bringing The Orange Beast back To Life!

JamieP

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jamie, Great news to see this Supras going to be born again! I originally donated the shell to Joe from my max-gt misfortune, I'm not sure if you have any, but I have a few pics from its Kandy red days and when I found it stripped bare which I can forward to your email if you like? Would be good to finally see this back on the road again!

Cheers guys, not a lot will be happening for a while as Lee is pretty busy at the min.

I got a AEM ecu for a good price so went with that, Lee has got to do a full service and change a few parts (tensioner etc) before we can put a base map on it, soon as its up and running im going to start using it as much as possible to check all is good before going for a full boost map.

After that it has to go back to the bodyshop as one of the over fenders has a few blisters in the paint that need sorting, i want it 100%, be nice to get it to a few meets before the summer is out but that might not happen what with Lee's work load on, i dont want anyone else working on it so am willing to wait:)

Got a HKS F-con Vpro for this now which im very happy about, just sold the AEM to a mate.

Lee is going to do a few jobs on it next week to get ready for Ryans return, looking forward to getting behind the wheel of this:cool:

Im in two minds, Be nice to keep for a year or so, clean up at a few shows, If i get a good offer i might sell, i just bought a V8 Audi S4 for my main car so got a few motors at the min.

Know the feeling ! I have 3 at the moment with the 4th coming soon, this Supra would be a great part of the collection, I always loved this car, it had great looks and was always going to deliver good power when finished

Jamie was wondering why the HKS ecu and not Solaris like in the black beast

HKS f-con Vpro is a very good ecu Roy, next in line to the syvecs imo, the orange car already has a HKS DLI fitted and this made sense to me, saves a few quid an all.

What's wrong with it J? I thought you were almost there :blink:

Its not been touched yet, and tbh i dont know whats wrong with it yet, Lee said it needs a lot of work to get it up to SRD standard, needs a new loom before we can even attempt to start it, been hacked about turbofit style, im just not sure its worth it till i speak with him the weekend.

Blimey that didnt take long for the PM's to start.

Please no Pm's asking for bits yet, im not decided as yet.