The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's Billet 6765H Single Conversion ...!

Jamesy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Orange front bumper and silver for the rest!!

The GReddy plenum came out a treat - the cams covers are there now as well as the front strut brace that was previously blue for the same treatment....

lol i was only kidding, going to look awesome when its finished mate i bet you cant wait :D

Won't need cooling fan on the gearbox coolers because of the mounting position. :)

you sure about that mate ! i have two coolers on mine mate and one of them is in the left hand side of my do-luck has a fan on it and mine still run's hot every now and again and i only have a 3200 stall the 3800 will generate alot more heat when ragging it .

Are you fitting a temp gauge?

you sure about that mate ! i have two coolers on mine mate and one of them is in the left hand side of my do-luck has a fan on it and mine still run's hot every now and again and i only have a 3200 stall the 3800 will generate alot more heat when ragging it .

Are you fitting a temp gauge?

If you mount them to the side of the bumper you will have no cooling effect when the car is stationary which is when you would need a fan. When the car is moving there is enough air passing through to cool it.

The reason for not adding a fan in this position is that the viscous fan is pulling a lot of air through it while stationary.

No gauge, he has enough to worry about just looking where he is going. :)

If you mount them to the side of the bumper you will have no cooling effect when the car is stationary which is when you would need a fan. When the car is moving there is enough air passing through to cool it.

The reason for not adding a fan in this position is that the viscous fan is pulling a lot of air through it while stationary.

No gauge, he has enough to worry about just looking where he is going. :)

Yup, like his bank account getting drained, ;)

Sorry if the question is already answered somewhere in the thread, but who is mapping your HKS F-con V pro gold m8?

Im sure its RyanG dude, 2bartuning. :D

Yep thats the plan - Lee and Ryan work a lot together so its handy!!

however.....as Ryan is selfishly buggering off on hols for weeks we're on a bit of a tight timeframe to make it ready in time - to be honest i dont think it will be so we may have to look at Ryans business partner or TDi to map it. :)

however.....as Ryan is selfishly buggering off on hols for weeks we're on a bit of a tight timeframe to make it ready in time - to be honest i dont think it will be so we may have to look at Ryans business partner or TDi to map it. :)

I thought it required a special licens to map the HKS f-con, which I heard Ryan didnt have, but maybe he have now..

15 days!! And only half of it is a holiday :) I deserve one after answering all your questions at the start :D

If im not around get Sam @ TDI to do it and say Ryan said you would do it for a good price :eyebrows:

Ryan

15 days!! And only half of it is a holiday :) I deserve one after answering all your questions at the start :D

If im not around get Sam @ TDI to do it and say Ryan said you would do it for a good price :eyebrows:

Ryan

lol :D

ok cheers mate we'll see how we get on and go to Sam if you're away on your "half" a holiday!!

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

:( sold my alloys yesterday so the hunt is on for replacements that are a bit wider to help with traction!!

Found one lovely set but waiting to hear if it'll go ahead with the seller.....will get some pics of them as soon as i know whats happening! :D

Lee's working on the manifold as it wasn't clocked and the H Cover was touching it - some fabrication needed!!!