The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's Billet 6765H Single Conversion ...!

Jamesy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a set of these on mine mate. They look very nice with a chrome backing plate.

Think we're cutting most of the surround away to leave the cam pulleys expose mate, and gettting the cam covers polished today.

Now i ned to decide what colour to do my spark plug cover as its currently blue and wont match anything now!!

I thought they was the ones that mashed belts? get the Titan ones mate, 5 bolt and look much better.

The early versions did, these are the later ones. :)

:thumbs: - the newer versions are much better according to Sumo Power. He said the difference between 3 and 5 bolt is minimal in tuning terms ....

Think we're cutting most of the surround away to leave the cam pulleys expose mate, and gettting the cam covers polished today.

Now i ned to decide what colour to do my spark plug cover as its currently blue and wont match anything now!!

Get it carbon wrapped bud.

chrome paint them mate its the way forward plus you can have any colour :cool: like mine

Great progress so far James. :)

Bet you can't wait man. Remember what I said the other night - you're going to love every second :)

yeah its gathering pace now - still sh!t loads to do but hopefully be well worth it in the end. cant wait to drive it already!!

nope its all clear coated after just like any other cover. i have sent some more bits off to a company we use in the chrome

can you get me a price mate please? Just the spark plug cover bit, wont have the cam cover bit on the front we're chopping that bit off ;)

Good question mate, in what ways can it be improved?

There is lots of different schools of thought on it, you have to do something with the exhaust side now the stock turbos have gone, i have left my intake side as stock.

I went with -12 (although stock size exit should be fine) on the exhaust side cam cover to a catch can, others put them straight into the intake pipe, im just about to change mine again though, getting rid of the catch can for a cleaner look and extending the pipe under the car so it exits right at the back.

There is lots of different schools of thought on it, you have to do something with the exhaust side now the stock turbos have gone, i have left my intake side as stock.

I went with -12 (although stock size exit should be fine) on the exhaust side cam cover to a catch can, others put them straight into the intake pipe, im just about to change mine again though, getting rid of the catch can for a cleaner look and extending the pipe under the car so it exits right at the back.

Cheers mate, hadn't even thought of this - will chat it through with Lee to see what we need :)