The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone staying up to watch the election results 2010

TopgunTT

I am in the office working, if I go to bed `er indoors will just matter all night about what's happening, it would be like sleeping on set with Peter Snow and his bloody Swingometer. I just wait for the morning to see what's happened and decide whether to kick the dog or have a slap up breakfast...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe im actually ENJOYING watching this!!wft :search:

Its great!!!

I am as well, it is annoying TV, politicians annoy me, so I'm watching it to see how annoyed I get at them ducking and diving questions and talking bollox :) *twisted I know*

Numbers from the exit polls look about what I was expecting.

To me, the scariest part of a hung parliament is the increased power that the "others" have, including SNP, PC, UKIP etc. - Conservative may end up needing to "court" some of these in order to glean a coalition majority.

Nothing to be scared of, the SNP have been in power in Scotland for two years, running things more maturely than the previous Labour/Liberal alliance did. I'd be concerned if the Tories get a working majority by courting the right wing parties and the Protestant extremist parties from Northern Ireland!

Scotland's parliament has been 'hung' since our last election, it forces parties to work together in consensus, without having the luxury of the extremes of their manifesto policies.

Proportional representation is the way forward for the Westminster elections.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD

There you go can you see at what time someone worked out that brown might stay in lol

Edit

So it looks like we are going to get.

A man that lost 80+ seats and was never voted in by us and

A man that came 3rd and lost 6 seats

Running the country.

I love our system.

Why bother voting when they can just stick all the votes together and then decide thats the winner? Its like two xfactor finalists coming out and claiming to now be a duet and sticking the votes together to win, laughable

I agree what a sham. Brown should never have been allowed to take office for so long without a vote. Any labour involvementnon the next government is a joke. How can you loose so much and even contemplate trying to stay.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD

There you go can you see at what time someone worked out that brown might stay in lol

Edit

So it looks like we are going to get.

A man that lost 80+ seats and was never voted in by us and

A man that came 3rd and lost 6 seats

Running the country.

I love our system.

Why bother voting when they can just stick all the votes together and then decide thats the winner? Its like two xfactor finalists coming out and claiming to now be a duet and sticking the votes together to win, laughable

Yeah, the dollar has gained 3 cents on the pound, this morning it lost alot of ground against the pound when it looked like a blue win

However as soon as it looked to be hung the £ nose dived.

The pounds been on a bearish against the dollar since the 5th, but from 3-7pm yesterday it was its biggest move for sometime,(around 340pips) I expect the pound will get weaker long term, maybe even back to the recession low of 1.34, we'll see though

Just seen the update on gmtv. What a JOKE.

Its blatant thelat the majority of this coutry want Conservative so why do they allow all this 'teaming up' bullsh!t.

Not my country mate, only one solitary tory in Scotland. We still remember the 'Thatcher legacy', 20+ years on. :p

The SNP (who are in power in the Scottish Parliament) have said they won't join a permanent coalition, but will vote on policies on their individual merit.

Just seen the update on gmtv. What a JOKE.

Its blatant thelat the majority of this coutry want Conservative so why do they allow all this 'teaming up' bullsh!t.

you'll have to ask those people who have still voted labour; they are the ones responsible for this situation (not the system).