The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone staying up to watch the election results 2010

TopgunTT

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effectively means power will be shared if one party doesn't win by a majority vote mate.

and we all know how they argue like a bunch of girls at the best of times. Imagine if they actually couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery and the only way to get anything done is for 2 opposing parties to agree on something. Thats why hung parliament would be bad.

so get the worst of both parties..

oh no.

It's a lot worse than that Jurgen. A hung parliament means that government motions are very difficult to pass as essentially parties can gang up together to block other parties motions. Simple things like passing laws will become very difficult.

The knock-on effect is that hung parliament could greatly devalue the currency and credit rating of the country as there is no overall control of the governments policies.

It has the potential to lower the UK credit rating, which would be disastrous for all of us.

I'd rather have Labour in control than what we face today (and that's coming from a life long Tory supporter).

Numbers from the exit polls look about what I was expecting.

To me, the scariest part of a hung parliament is the increased power that the "others" have, including SNP, PC, UKIP etc. - Conservative may end up needing to "court" some of these in order to glean a coalition majority.

That was a safe labour seat - so I'd not be overly concerned...

I'm thinking we'll see a very narrow Tory majority from this Election, probably single figures, maybe barely into double.

Hung parliament would spell curtains for Britain, after Labour eliminated the Great from Britain. If that is the case, then the one-eyed non-elected name caller can do the dignified thing and allow Cameron to form a minority Government.

lol hows it going mate? well imnot watching that election boring stuff.

im going to watch forest gump with a rum and diet coke

If I bring the 'life is like a box of chocs' round can I join you? ;)

A hung parliament is a frightening proposition.:blink:

It's a fantasy of mine although I'm probably thinking of hung in a different context.:D

It will certainly be interesting to watch the BBC parliament if we end up hung John.

Next floor anarchy, Daryl. Actualy, maybe not. We can't be arsed to riot anymore :D

Anarchy is not about rioting. It really annoys me when people think of Anarchists as rioting luddites.