The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project 1300

suprafan72

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've done a good job on that plenum mate. Your right about the idle control valve. I'd you take it out the car idles at a grand all the time and the cold start isn't the best either.

What was the reason for leaving the filter out from between the idle control valve and plenum or dis u just not deem it necessary.

They've done a good job on that plenum mate. Your right about the idle control valve. I'd you take it out the car idles at a grand all the time and the cold start isn't the best either.

What was the reason for leaving the filter out from between the idle control valve and plenum or dis u just not deem it necessary.

if you mean the one on the rocker cover thats still on order mate..

we are still waiting for lots of bits etc, also the cam cover is getting painted so there will be one on there..

this is not finished article yet mate

Edited by Jurgen-Jm-Imports (see edit history)

if you mean the one on the rocker cover thats still on order mate..

we are still waiting for lots of bits etc, also the cam cover is getting painted so there will be one on there..

this is not finished article yet mate

No mate. There's a small metal filter and a rubber bung that fits into the plenum before you bolt the idle control valve on. If you have still got the stock plenum have a look at where the idle control valve bolts on.

I've got to call up n see Gunther next week for a couple of defi bits, I'll have a pop in for a chat and run a couple of ideas past ya if your interested.

No mate. There's a small metal filter and a rubber bung that fits into the plenum before you bolt the idle control valve on. If you have still got the stock plenum have a look at where the idle control valve bolts on.

I've got to call up n see Gunther next week for a couple of defi bits, I'll have a pop in for a chat and run a couple of ideas past ya if your interested.

am sure chris has it all sorted mate ;) he is not one for cutting corners hence the IDCV being there...

like i said earlier i have lost lots of pictures so maybe what your after is in them pics.

Looking good except for that top rad hose, thats hideous and needs changing, this is how its done and how mine is being done.

That definately looks better, but still doesn't look great. The top rad hose is such an eyesore. Stock looks best IMO, but only because it bends in better.

1k for fans, christ i never thought the would of cost so much

MVP do a fan kit for around 300 quid plus delivery but the fans are much much smaller. Jay and Michel Lane have them fitted and neither seem really impressed with them.

Just checked the PHR site and the full kit is $1,350 plus delivery.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

MVP do a fan kit for around 300 quid plus delivery but the fans are much much smaller. Jay and Michel Lane have them fitted and neither seem really impressed with them.

Just checked the PHR site and the full kit is $1,350 plus delivery.

Blimey..... Ill have to think about that one.. :)