The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear - Lexus LFA

Supra-Brett

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still my favorite engine/exhaust sound to date in my 31 years. There is something funky going one - 10 cylinders into 3 pipes... hmm. :)

I'll never forget seeing & hearing it testing at the Nurburgring nearly 3 years ago. It's an absolutely amazing machine and an incredible car.

Yep, sounds like an F1 car - how nice was the speedo cluster!

what a brilliant lap time! in the wet in wooped the ass of a lambo in the dry!

It should do, though for that price. If they were £100k-£150k I could see them selling lots!

slightly uncalled for dude. and I really would.

Still doubt you would.

I'll never forget seeing & hearing it testing at the Nurburgring nearly 3 years ago. It's an absolutely amazing machine and an incredible car.

So it should be for £340k ;)

I do like it but i'd rather have something like the Scaglietti with some curves :)

However, I have no doubt, that featuring the extensive design, development and needless to say it will be heavily over engineered unlike anything which can be considered competition is a marvel itself. A great piece of kit.

Bit like the mk 4 Supra back in the 93. Thing is that only cost £40k :)

Considering that even at that price Lexus still dont break even, let alone make a profit I would have thought they would have priced it more sensibly (the right side of £250k for example, and even that looks expensive compared to the competition). If its going to be a Veyron-esque engineering showcase not meant to make the company money then why price it so unrealistically? Now its always going to be remembered as 'the-great-but-stupidly-priced-Lexus-supercar'.

All that said, it is truly awesome in every way.

maybe if it had a different badge on the bonnet it may be able to ask somewhere near what they are!

Like what? Ferraris and Lambos don't go for much more than 100k generally, they'd get the same roasting as Lexus for such a price. It's only single car previously unknown brands like Pagani that can get away with that price, so by that rationale it's not so bad as Lexus have been previously unknown in the hypercar world.

I thought the car looked and sounded amazing.

Even with such a price tag, they wont have any problem selling them.

If you think the car is too expensive then you simply dont have enough money.

A few arabs will soon have them on display in their garages.

I wish we could have seen it go around the track in the dry. Would have been very interesting.

I am not too keen on the front end, but the rear is something special.

however I do like the LFA but personally if I had that kind of money to spend on a toy I would not choose the LFA! just my opinion! :(

Even with such a price tag, they wont have any problem selling them.

If you think the car is too expensive then you simply dont have enough money.

A few arabs will soon have them on display in their garages.

Yeah if I had LOADS of money I'd want one for the collection cos it is awesome! But if I was a pretty well off manager of some kind who could afford to get one but doesn't have stupid money to throw away, I'd probably opt for an F430 instead and keep the remainder.

If I had the money then I would buy it, because most of the rich love badge chasing they wouldn't buy, instead they would buy another Ferrari or Lamborghini. This would then make the LFA more exclusive & thus more desirable, as Ferrari's are too common these days.

In regards to the price, would you not say then the Bugatti Veyron is over priced? £800.000 - £100,000,000?

Richard Hammond cant power slide for shyt! they really should have let Jeremy Clarkson test that car, then we would have seen some serious action!!!

What and Clarkson can, all clarkson would do is lose control and do donuts as thats all he can do, he is the worst driver i have ever seen