The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear - Lexus LFA

Supra-Brett

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would then make the LFA more exclusive & thus more desirable,

one could argue that the reason why it is so "exclusive" (although that isnt the right word here) is that it isn't that desirable....

would you pay £2500 for a Casio?

Yeah if I had LOADS of money I'd want one for the collection cos it is awesome! But if I was a pretty well off manager of some kind who could afford to get one but doesn't have stupid money to throw away, I'd probably opt for an F430 instead and keep the remainder.

isnt that Enzo territory, assuming that one was nominated by Ferrari to have the privilege to own one.....(now that is what I call desirable)

Who gives a fook that it's a 'Lexus' rather than a Lamborghini or Ferrari. It's the car that counts. If anything it's better that it is a Lexus. There's nothing like wiping the floor of a premier marque with a 'lesser' name. We Toyota owners know all about that!

They need that car back in the dry....I bet it can go a full 4secs faster in the dry.

Storming lap time in the wet.

As for the price. It's £250k...in Japan, UK duty/taxes are the cause of the £340k final figure. I'd buy one in a heart beat.

As for people saying, that's in Enzo/Zonda territory etc no it's not Enzo's go for ~£800k and Zonda F's go for £650k+

A production run of 500 would explain why Lexus apparently aren't making any profit on them: the undoubtedly huge R&D costs are shared between only 500 units. If Ford only made 500 Fiestas, they would would probably cost about £200k* each in order to break even.

* guess, but you get my drift.

£100 million?

:)

I'd say it was overpriced at £100 million yes.

I'd agree :D

No, he implied somewhere between £800 and £100 million, which is correct although a little ambiguous.

:p

one could argue that the reason why it is so "exclusive" (although that isnt the right word here) is that it isn't that desirable....

would you pay £2500 for a Casio?

Put it this way... if I go outside right now to the main road. I can bet you within 1 hour I will see at least 2 Ferrari's and at least 10,000 Porsche's. I doubt you will see much of these around when they are made, similar to how rare it is to see a Pagani Zonda in London.

Who gives a fook that it's a 'Lexus' rather than a Lamborghini or Ferrari. It's the car that counts. If anything it's better that it is a Lexus. There's nothing like wiping the floor of a premier marque with a 'lesser' name. We Toyota owners know all about that!

Well said, look what it done on the TG track! Quicker than a lot of cars even in the wet! I would love to see that go round in the dry! Think we should all send a message to TG and advise to see it go round in the dry!

Anyway no one answered my question, is a £1 million Veyron worth it in this essence? We could all just say it is a glorified golf.

:)

Anyway no one answered my question, is a £1 million Veyron worth it in this essence? We could all just say it is a glorified golf.

now that is an engineering masterpiece and worth every money. Not to mention its a BUGATTI.......not a bloody lexus.... :D

and no - you wont see that many ferrari Enzos OR Porsche Carerra GT - those are quite exclusive with a lot of prestige and a historic brand name.

now that is an engineering masterpiece and worth every money. Not to mention its a BUGATTI.......not a bloody lexus.... :D

and no - you wont see that many ferrari Enzos OR Porsche Carerra GT - those are quite exclusive with a lot of prestige and a historic brand name.

You think it's worth every penny? I personally don't think so, why have such a quick performance car which gets beaten round a race track by a £35k 4 seater sports coupe? The R35 namely.

You don't see Enzo's and Carerra GT's because they are not really driven around. They are more preserved if you like, clocking up only 200 miles in a year and being dry stored and in some cases more brought as an investment rather than a pure sports car to push to its limit.

You think it's worth every penny? I personally don't think so, why have such a quick performance car which gets beaten round a race track by a £35k 4 seater sports coupe? The R35 namely.

…but if you had the disposable income to actually buy a Veyron your views would be totally different. All your posh mates at the golf / yacht club would have Ferraris, Lambos and Zondas and you would want to stand out from the crowd. Chances are if you turned up in an R35 you would get laughed out of your social circle much as a Saxo driving chav would get laughed out of this forum.

…but if you had the disposable income to actually buy a Veyron your views would be totally different. All your posh mates at the golf / yacht club would have Ferraris, Lambos and Zondas and you would want to stand out from the crowd. Chances are if you turned up in an R35 you would get laughed out of your social circle much as a Saxo driving chav would get laughed out of this forum.

I do and my views are still the same :p

Totally understand where you are coming from but if you grew up like myself and was into cars at such a young age you would then consider a car on its merit rather than the badge. For example when I drove the R8 I thought it was brilliant, even better than the gallardo, although both impressive the gallardo would get me more friends in the yacht club.

exactly.

one is a bugatti, the other is a nissan - get real :)

Sometimes its not all about how fast a car is round the ring (isnt a corvette quicker than the GTR round the ring anyway - lets not start bigging up american cars now) its about how you feel when you drive it.

You pay for the brand, the racing pedigree, history, glamour and being part of an elite few that can:

either afford to own one

get nominated to own one (in the case of the ferraris and the mclarens of this world) - now that is called exclusivity not some 60K japcrap that any joe bloggs today can buy (its a datsun FFS). :p

EDIT: plenty of "special" people out there willing to part their disposable income on a 340K glorified pointless toyota which is why they are making 500. whoever commissioned that project 10yr ago needs to be fired......the GTR showed them up truly.

Edited by imi (see edit history)