The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear - Lexus LFA

Supra-Brett

Richard Hammond cant power slide for shyt! they really should have let Jeremy Clarkson test that car, then we would have seen some serious action!!!

Clarkson can't drive for s**t, notice you never see him in the long shots only close ups in the car.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one is a bugatti, the other is a nissan - get real :)

Sometimes its not all about how fast a car is round the ring (isnt a corvette quicker than the GTR round the ring anyway - lets not start bigging up american cars now) its about how you feel when you drive it.

You pay for the brand, the racing pedigree, history, glamour and being part of an elite few that can:

either afford to own one

get nominated to own one (in the case of the ferraris and the mclarens of this world) - now that is called exclusivity not some 60K japcrap that any joe bloggs today can buy (its a datsun FFS). :p

Well I only compared them as they seemed to get compared a lot, but seeing as VW did most of the work would you really be looking at Bugatti's heritage or VW's? Then I'd be saying it's a VW Golf FFS! :D

Very true it is nothing to do with going round the ring but was this car not praised surely because of it's performance? The Veyron was supposed to be designed for speed and for sure it was not for looks as I'd rather sit in the golf!

With regards to the last statement only the enzo was exclusive, any joe bloggs can buy a Ferrari nowadays :D

The LF-As main competition will be from the Ferrari 458 and the Maclaren MP4-12CS.Both of which are quicker and will be about £190k cheaper.Saying the Lexus is a technological tour de force is a cop out for its poor pound to power ratio.If it was stunning to look at,which it isn't,this could be slightly overlooked.In the wet on TG it didn't look particularly nimble or gainly;it should be better in the dry;by about 3 secs.

I'll give you it looks better,

Goes quicker, 0-60 is roughly the same and top speed is within a couple MPH, hardly conclusive,

Sounds like a Ferrari, well I ain't gonna argue there, that is a pretty hard one for a Lexus to compete against considering the car you've chosen is a Ferrari

IMHO "competition" for a car is nothing to do with performance, I can name loads of cars that can compete against the LFA in looks, performance & sound.

Competetion in my eyes is which cars are buyers of this car also likely to chose when purchasing, and TBH Ferrari 458 owners aren't even in the same league as LFA owners. The production run numbers & price alone put them too far away as competitors, hell the LFA won't need competition, the 500 run alone put that to bed.

The LF-As main competition will be from the Ferrari 458 and the Maclaren MP4-12CS.Both of which are quicker and will be about £190k cheaper.Saying the Lexus is a technological tour de force is a cop out for its poor pound to power ratio.If it was stunning to look at,which it isn't,this could be slightly overlooked.In the wet on TG it didn't look particularly nimble or gainly;it should be better in the dry;by about 3 secs.

What a load of mis informed tosh.

The more and more I dig trying to find more info about whats under the skin of the LFA, I think no one can argue that it will be built like a premium Lexus and then some. In addition take into account the vast level of over engineering that Lexus always applies and then you have a genuine supercar that will not be fragile in any way and can be driven as often as one likes in any conditions without fear of reliability woes. This makes the LFA worth closer to its price tag.

The more and more I dig trying to find more info about whats under the skin of the LFA, I think no one can argue that it will be built like a premium Lexus and then some. In addition take into account the vast level of over engineering that Lexus always applies and then you have a genuine supercar that will not be fragile in any way and can be driven as often as one likes in any conditions without fear of reliability woes. This makes the LFA worth closer to its price tag.

Same as the mk 4 Supra in 1993 for £40k :p

Same as the mk 4 Supra in 1993 for £40k :p

I didn't want to say that myself lol but the principles of over engineering the cars to offer unmatched reliability and stress free motoring which others can't still remains. I'd happily ignore badge snobbery for this.

Well I have gone back from E39 M5, E46 M3, considered a Jag XJR (previously had an XKR) and also considered an AMG E55K & Audi RS6 4.2. BMWs from past experience are not as great as what people make out, great drive but quality and reliability is below par. Jag's are lovely cruisers but depreation hit me hard. Audi RS6 was a bit slow after 100mph and E55K prices were bouncing up and down like yo-yo's. So I got lucky with a my current Supra. Despite high miles coupled with FTSH etc, it drives genuinely 100% perfect in every respect and I know it will genuinely be reliable and last.

Ive gotta be honest with you, theres not many things as screwed well together as a mk 4 Toyota Supra. The only thing that really failed on mine were rubber hoses (to be expected) and a heater matrix. That was aged 17 years old with 145k on the clock.

Awesome cars - they really make you want to buy any Toyota due to their sheer quality.

I didn't want to say that myself lol but the principles of over engineering the cars to offer unmatched reliability and stress free motoring which others can't still remains. I'd happily ignore badge snobbery for this.

Well I have gone back from E39 M5, E46 M3, considered a Jag XJR (previously had an XKR) and also considered an AMG E55K & Audi RS6 4.2. BMWs from past experience are not as great as what people make out, great drive but quality and reliability is below par. Jag's are lovely cruisers but depreation hit me hard. Audi RS6 was a bit slow after 100mph and E55K prices were bouncing up and down like yo-yo's. So I got lucky with a my current Supra. Despite high miles coupled with FTSH etc, it drives genuinely 100% perfect in every respect and I know it will genuinely be reliable and last.

I'd agree, after my supe I had a 330d and it was the most unreliable car I've ever owned. I consider lexus well up there with BMW and mercedes (who also make expensive supercars ). I certainly wouldn't consider lexus a casio

Ive gotta be honest with you, theres not many things as screwed well together as a mk 4 Toyota Supra. The only thing that really failed on mine were rubber hoses (to be expected) and a heater matrix. That was aged 17 years old with 145k on the clock.

Awesome cars - they really make you want to buy any Toyota due to their sheer quality.

mine passed its mot today with no advisorys, the tester said hes never seen a 16 year old as solid as this, a credit to toyota buld quality,

and my maintanence :)

IMHO "competition" for a car is nothing to do with performance, I can name loads of cars that can compete against the LFA in looks, performance & sound.

Competetion in my eyes is which cars are buyers of this car also likely to chose when purchasing, and TBH Ferrari 458 owners aren't even in the same league as LFA owners. The production run numbers & price alone put them too far away as competitors, hell the LFA won't need competition, the 500 run alone put that to bed.

:yeahthat:

• 2 weeks later...
i'm sure plenty of owners are lining up to trade in their veyrons for the new lexus LFA :innocent:

seriously, its a quick car, granted, but its 340K and its a lexus.......who is the muppet that would buy a 2.5K casio, come on , own up :D

Quoting because I've just received a press release from Lexus...

Even though it is one of the most exclusive supercars money can buy, the number of formal expressions of interest in purchase received by Lexus is already greater than the limited production run of just 500 examples.

So, this car which no-one will buy has sold out.

:D