The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official Series 14 Top Gear Thread

Steve

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like Wheeler Dealers more than TG now, and the Classic car show is growing on me

I like to hear about the oily stuff and am sick of the over scripted acting, the electric car c**p was the final straw for me

Well said man! Is Wheeler Dealers the one where the presenters sniff out a bargain at a car auction for a member of the public?

Loved this series so far. Thought last weeks was incredible and sat through it wishing I was doing their jobs, and found last nights hilarious. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much watching TV!

Sadly, my Sky+ cocked up again so it didn't record, but I'll be watching the repeat :)

TG is getting a little too staged now, and that takes some of the fun out of it. The comment about good presenters to poor actors is quite right. I'm struggling to remember much about the episode, and I only watched it last night! Maybe next week will be better...?

spot on there mate!

Loved this series so far. Thought last weeks was incredible and sat through it wishing I was doing their jobs, and found last nights hilarious. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much watching TV!

:)

That's interesting. I wonder if I'm missing something. What parts did you find funny or amazing? So much of what they do seems to be scripted that I now don't believe hardly anything I see on the program.

Do we believe they really slept in their cars?

Do we believe that May's crappy car (Senderos or somesuch?) was accidentally reversed into?

Or that May really had a shunt in the black Lambo in Romania?

Or that green Stig needed medical treatment because the chminey came off the generator?

etc etc.

I think its getting ridiculous, you can only laugh so many times at them being prats holding up traffic, its dull. The only reason to watch imho is just to see the nice motors they have on ragging the nuts off them.. but other than that is boring.

Agreed!

get vicky bulter henderson on there

Now you're talking, i would rather listen to her squeals than the three stooges grumbling.

god no she annoys the fucking tits off me

Same here! Plus all these people go on about her being fit, she is as fit as Susan Boyle, actually SuBo might be even better looking!

I'd like Cheryl Cole to present it without saying a word with as little as possible on (actually she looks good with even loads of clothes on!).

Though you have to remember TG has gone from a car enthusiasts show which use to go into a lot of detail when reviewing the car(s), to a programme which is all about stats & bringing in the viewers. Which they have done a bloody good job of, a know a lot of people who watch TG who would never dream of watching it before!

I still enjoy it, yeah I know some of the scenes are fake & jokes can be not so funny but have you seen what is on TV these days? I'd rather watch that then Z Factor or Dancing in the sky or even that new one I am a nobody get me out of here.

Same here! Plus all these people go on about her being fit, she is as fit as Susan Boyle, actually SuBo might be even better looking!

I'd like Cheryl Cole to present it without saying a word with as little as possible on (actually she looks good with even loads of clothes on!).

Nicely said :sly: