funniest thread ever??????

Guest scotlandsoop

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, as a newbie to this board I thought the only wind up arguments would be manual/auto. Not JDM/UK.....

Just for the record, I would love any Supra and don't care which one it is. At the moment I'm driving my avatar and that wont change until I sell my house! With the market the way it is that could be months too!

Man, as a newbie to this board I thought the only wind up arguments would be manual/auto. Not JDM/UK.....

Dont worry mate, it is just a couple of the newbies like Mr. Thrush who find it funny. The rest of us who have been on for a bit longer are bored with the whole thing - hence the request for the yawn smilie.

I am sure the new ones will find something else to play with soon enough.

:thumbs:

I am awaiting the delivery of my auto Uk supra I am pleased with the fact that it has got every (except petrol) receipt from new. Thats why I chose it. From now on I dont think I need to read any more about the UK V's Japan argument.

I am awaiting the delivery of my auto Uk supra I am pleased with the fact that it has got every (except petrol) receipt from new. Thats why I chose it. From now on I dont think I need to read any more about the UK V's Japan argument.

Are you mjsanari? ;)

as long as the differences between the uk vs jap cars gets settled and put to rest im not bothered about other links…listen and learn

why are you so bothered about the differances being settled? i don't get it :sly:

i've got a UK and couldn't give a toss if it's not as good an all round car as the j-spec, it's gettin modified anyway so it don't matter to me! it's not like comparing a skyline GTR and GTT - there's a big diff there. for what it's worth i honestly do not think the UK is a better car than the j-spec!

why are you so bothered about the differances being settled? i don't get it :sly:

I think the reason why everyone got pissed, especially this guy, is because his ad specified missinformation, this caused a whole bunch of people to again, jump on the bandwagon to 'correct' him. Obviously the guy thought what he had put was correct, arguments started, bitching followed.

He gets angry as it affects his sale chances and others just stayed in there to wind him up.. now we have this situation.

Indeed. I spent a lot of time looking for a Supra before I took the plunge.

I was well aware of the differences between the two, though I felt that getting a JSpec would be a better idea due to the fact I was having difficulty sourcing any low mileage (under 65k miles) UK-spec supras. Plus the fact I was unable to get any Supra's post 1996 and I really wanted a newer model than that.

Importing meant I was able to bring over a newer Supra, with lower mileage and generally in cracking condition. I didnt feel confident of getting the same UK spec car here (low mileage I mean!!) not least as most UK-spec owners dont seem to want to get rid - that should tell its own story!

I knew of the smaller injectors, leather seats and the rest as standard on UK spec, though I felt that if and when I wanted larger injectors I could upgrade when I saw fit. I didnt feel I needed them as I was happy with what I had already in the J-sepc. Same with leather seats. Besides, I guess Id only really need to upgrade (from Jpsec standard) to larger injectors should I want to go for a single turbo or go BPU - which Im not that bothered about - yet :).

Its swings and roundabouts really and in my opinion they are both great cars. Id have loved an UK spec for the lower insurance and some of the creature comforts it has, but Im equally happy with the J-spec which doesnt have these, and I doubt in real terms whether Id have noticed the differences between the two cars if they hadnt have been highlighted here!

If you knew how easy it is to set the 'mileage' on these cars, you might think twice before accepting anything unsupported with lots of real MOTs and docs in general...

You think I didn't want a 30K soop? There was one for sale some time ago, 93 model, freshly imported, apparently the Japs can't/won't drive them at all, who knows, maybe their legs are too short http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/Gifs/lol.gif

There are also other 'unofficial' differences between UK-spec and some Jspecs due to dodgy speedo conversions.

On the flipside (there's always one) IMO:

UK cars tend to have salt damage if they have been driven in the winter, so the intercooler and perhaps the aircon condenser may be shot prematurely (compared to a Jspec of similar age)

The headlight washers are ridiculous, prone to damage as well.

The rear-diff cooler is a nice-to-have, but it's location makes it prone to damage from mud and debris, so it's yet another thing that could potentially fail.

And the bum-heating facility isn't something that I'd pay extra for (on any of my previous cars I only ever used it ONCE, in scotland when the temp outside was below -12C)