funniest thread ever??????

Guest scotlandsoop

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok lets put this to rest for once and for all.

This link summarises the main differences between the uk and jap cars.

http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/Technical/UK%20vs%20Jap.htm

ok end of...

Well that'll be at least the tenth time the J-spec power output has been "put to rest for once and for all"

I take it you did read that page and now accept that the quoted 280bhp figure is incorrect, right?

MJ, not having a pop but are you trying to say that this link proves that the Jspec is 280bhp?

Read what it says on the page.

I wonder if UK Skyline owners & JSpec Skyline owners have a similar debate to ours.

Lol! :D

I think they do have the same sort of debates. I dont know the spec levels of the cars in question, but I'm pretty sure the J-spec owners dont care because they probably save 10k on the sticker price!

314, nice :) I was at a dyno day where a stock JDM auto got 220 at the wheels. (not hubs) so what. I am not saying the JDM models are lacking power at all.

Never said you did mate just a case in point that in well looked after JDM is most probably going achieve a better output than a UK that has not been serviced and looked after. The same vice-versa.

Its all about what you look for in a car at the end of the day and TBH there are pro's and cons to both.

Why do we all compare UK's to JDM FFS. You never see threads my GZ is better than your RZ do we.

IMO I think a mix and match of the two cars is best I.E I have a GZ I dont want the Volvo tan interior. I dont horn or bonnet scoop but I do want U.K brakes. Oh and if I could UK insurance quotes :D

I wonder if the other forums go on about there Ghia's, GLT's, Privelege and M3's harp on about specs all the time ?

1/4 Mile 13.3secs @ 173kph 13.8secs @ 162kph

sorry i don't get this? a stock j-spec should run a quicker 1/4 mile shouldn't it?

No that's about right for a stock J-spec. There's no way a stock UK will do 13.3 though.

personally i like the leather interior and bonnet scoop but i could of got a j-spec and got them put in no problem. only reason i went UK is because of insurance. i was in a rush because i wanted to get a supra before they made driving illegal! i wanted a manual so if a UKTT6 hadn't of come up i would of kept searchin for j-spec insurance. UK or j-spec means feck all to me, the only thing about havin a UK manual is there is a slight feelin that it's a bit rarer...but at the end of the day it still means sweet fuck all.

i know that because mine's a UK it's got a full service history so i felt a bit more secure in knowin the history of the car. was worried that a j-spec might of been abused in japan before coming over.

if i could of got insured on a j-spec for a reasonable price, i would of got one of them with a newer car and lower mileage.

No that's about right for a stock J-spec. There's no way a stock UK will do 13.3 though.

cheers mate, i just thought the jspec was quoted in the 12's somewhere that's all. yeah, i think the figures for the UK were picked out of someone's arse :D

I've seen stock 1/4 mile times for US supras of 13.0 quoted from magazines testing the cars! So I wonder how that was achieved with exactly the same engine spec.

Its all up in the air and unimportant at the end of the day.

IMO I think a mix and match of the two cars is best I.E I have a GZ I dont want the Volvo tan interior. I dont horn or bonnet scoop but I do want U.K brakes. Oh and if I could UK insurance quotes :D

Yes m8, but again, like with Clarkey, thats your preference, not to say the cars arnt different.

When I dynod mine it was virtually spot on at 323 bhp. Totally standard on optimax. Its annoying, I just wish more people would leave their cars standard so more comparisons can be made :D

I wouldn't bother with a dyno mate ... do a a series 1/4 runs. UK Stock v JSpec Stock. Take an average for each one ... then you've got a REAL performance figure.

Not some dyno figure that could be different on different dyno kit.

1/4 is the only sure way to compare performance imo.

That's what the average is for. Say 10 runs each JSpec & UK Spec. Assume that the drivers are expert drag-strip racers.

You know as well as I, that if you take your motor down to Dynostation Honest Johns ... you could get 320 at the hubs. Take it down to another Dynostation you could get +/- 50 horse ... for example.

CJ - had a confusing time getting a powerfigure for T67 powered beast.

I've only been to G-Force and Thor, both of whom many others on this board have been to have been dynod on.

If you want to go by 1/4 mile times, then just look at the US times run on stock turbos as they have the exact same engine setup as the UK/Euro models. Like I said someone from a US magazine ran a stock US supra with a 13.0 time.

I'm sure you aint gonna believe that because I certainly find it hard to see.