funniest thread ever??????

Guest scotlandsoop

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about JSpec BHP.

280, right? :tongue:

#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about UKSpec BHP.

JSpec + 46bhp isn't it? :respekt:

#2 - The third rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about N/A BHP.

I wasn't even aware there was such a thing :tongue:

--*fight*

------------------*fight*

------------------------------------*fight*

It will be whatever the RR operator wants it to be, lol... (look at my 'gotchas' page for more if you're interested)

I'm going there mainly to meet a couple of people, the RR just happens to be an event.

I may put it on the rollers to use as a 'baseline' for future reference, but since the RR is on the other side of the M25 I won't be going there too often in the future, so even for that it won't be too useful...

Tomorrow mate, if you can be around 11:00 AM it will be nice.

It is just off M3 J4

Mine does 326 on paper, yours 280. In reality I won't be surprised if mine does less (the intercooler is shot to start with) and yours more (jap spec does more than the claimed 280)

You're running a bit more boost too, so overall I'd expect yours to do better. Whatever 'better' means, they are all kickass grand tourers.

I'm doing a job in the morning, i don't think i'll be free till about 12, and it will probably take an hour to get there. What time are you staying there till?

The Dyno will give you at the wheel figures - after that you can do with them as you want!!

Recently Nick had his dyno'ed both at the Surrey RR and at same style machine other side of London - result - within 5 HP

Mjansari - you obviously have problem which you need to get over m8 - you are making yourself look like a real knob!!

I can't believe I missed that thread !! :conf: What a read!! Fantastic! :D

Just read in about 25minutes.

Amazing how somepeople can and are very overly-sensitive over little itsy bitsy things. Can you imagine what it would be like in a pub over a pint ? Throwing pints of Stella & Busting stools.

Ding-Ding! Title Fight!! Round 20! :) hehe

I reckon the only thing a UK Supra has over the Jspecs .. are getting bits from Toyota are cheaper.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, .. but when I went to Inchcape Toyota for my replacement Toyota Flywheel - I reckon they charged me extra because mine is an import .. it was £350 if memory serves.

Now, you could argue UK Supes have bigger brakes as standard ... but then it can be negated by saying the JSpecs have faster spool up Turbo's & have more torque.

Stuff like cruise control, electric arse warmers, headlight washers, leather interior .. to me ain't that important.

.. to me ain't that important.

Yes... I hear that all the time, just because theres are bits you'd want to pick and chose from doesnt mean X is as good as Y.

Theres A LOT more to it than bigger brakes. But I wont bother to go on as its been covered time and time again. :tumble:

Anyway, going back to post #1, funniest thread no, dumbest yes. :rtfm:

Bobbeh .. am curious. Don't take this the wrong way - it's just a simple question.

But I've noticed you're very quick to take the hump when this UK v JSpec thing comes along - as in; it seems to me you get pissed off and wound up quite easily. It's as if you take it quite personal.

Why is that ?

Its nothing personal at all, I have nothing against either car, but just when people continuously make out there's no difference because spec they feel doesnt matter to them is therefore not important.

I've said about 4 times now, I almost got a JDM car myself, I have NOTHING against them. They are 2 great cars, the Uk/Euro/US specs just come with higher equipment/engine spec levels as standard - period.

I dont know WHY, it's just the case. The JDM maret just seemed to get more choice in the spec/configuration levels and accessories for the car.

Ok, I've said my piece, again.. enough :)

Oh FFS look at my sig for a standard j-spec dyno figure on the same day a U.K was dynoed at 292 bhp interesting.

314, nice :) I was at a dyno day where a stock JDM auto got 220 at the wheels. (not hubs) so what. I am not saying the JDM models are lacking power at all.

Sorry to drag this well worn argument out further but I feel the need to add a newbies opinion on the Jspec v Uk thingy.

I'd say that from my POV i'd prefer (for financial reasons only) the UK car. Simply because it would hold it's value better and insurance is easier. I'm not the slightest bit bothered about steel turbo internals and bigger brakes or which car spools up quicker. However, due to cost and a availability I will be having a Jspec and this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

At the end of the day, I'll be having a Supra and will be the envy of everyone I know. Neither myself nor the people who see me driving it will care of it's origin.

I'd say that from my POV i'd prefer (for financial reasons only) the UK car. Simply because it would hold it's value better and insurance is easier.

Same here, when I bought mine I wasnt even aware of the difference between injector, brake, size, or possible JDM specs available. I was aware of 'bigger turbos' which didnt didnt turn out to be the case, which wasnt a reason why I wanted a UK anyway and the cream interior I really liked and knowing what you were getting (if that makes any sense).

Its just all the attempts by people trying make out that something superior, is inferior - which I find most bizzare, and usally those doing the slagging off are driving nothing at all like what either the two standard cars are like.

At the end of the day, Toyota chose to build different spec level Supras for different markets. If you wanted a quick around town/built up area car then the JDM is probably gonna be the better ride with its quicker spooling turbos and slightly less weight etc. If you want an autobahn cruiser that can take the stress better, then a UK/Euro spec is a probably the better option.

Also, much of the spec difference possibly came down to justifying the price difference, ie a car that cost £40-45k had to come with high levels of trim and engine spec?! What do you think?