Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of things gone on the last couple of days. Ive spent hours on the car the last 48hrs but theres not really anything to show for it lol. its all just been fiddly stuff.

I recieved my blanking plug for the FPR from Speedflow so ive drilled out the centre and tapped it with an 1/8 NPT thread so I could fit the pressure sensor for the Defi fuel pressure gauge.

Ive finished cleaning behind the rear bumper and its now nice and shiney.

Kenny.G was over today and we pushed the car out the garage and turned it round so I cam get a good look at the rust on the passanger intake. It really does look bad, but after i cleaned the yellowing off and ground back the rusty part it really isnt that bad.

Heres few pics of whats been done.

heres some pics I took whilst the car was outside.

And back in again.

And the demon rusty bit.

And finally after I ground the rusty bits.

More updates soon.

The whole car is rust free apart from there. I was totally shocked myself.

So far ive treated it with rust remover, and then covered it with anti-rust primer. Tomorrow im gona fibreglass it all up, body filler it, prime and paint it. As I aid before it doesnt need to look perfect as its not gona be seen at all. Theres no part in getting too anal on it. The most important part is to remove the rust and make sure it doesnt come back.

Master cylinder arrived today, I sent it to be chromed but unfortunatly due to the type of aluminuim it was the chrome wouldnt take so it was just polished instead. me being totally impatient had to fit it straight away. I must say it looks great with the white servo. A couple of bits need tidying up like the sensor wire to the side of the resevior needs wrapping and the ends of the pipes require painting. i unsure if im gona go for a stainless resevior cover and cap or just leave them as are, it a 1 to think about I suppose.

Ive also cracked on with the rust issue. I Primed it with anti-rust primer last night and seems it taked 6 hrs between coats i couldnt do anything else until today.

Ive gave it abit of cosmetic surgery with the fibreglass and got the shape of the hole back again. Im just waiting for that to dry solid and ill apply the body filler .

More updated later on if I can get it all filled and smoothed off.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)