• 3 months later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time for an update.

After having trouble finding a misfire I have had as the car got warmer and under boost, I finally got it sorted :yahoo:

Turns out the turbo was passing oil as it got warmer, going through into the intake and I can only guess lowering the octane level (hense the misfire when the car was warmer and the oil thinner).

Well long story short I now have a replacement turbo which seems to have grown in size :innocent:

attachment.php?attachmentid=113115&stc=1&d=1278170026

attachment.php?attachmentid=113116&stc=1&d=1278170026

I still need to sort a permanent solution for the 5.5" inlet so I can run it to my 4" pipework. After that picture was taken I had to get creative with a 5" reducer just to get it going for now. :D

I have been to see Ryan this afternoon for a little mapping so I can use the car at Suprapod but I wont get a figure until Ryan comes back from Australia and I can get it onto TDI's hub dyno.

We got to 1.6bar for now but we shall go for more later on. On the Bosch injectors (900cc) with a base pressure of 46psi, we saw 74% duty iirc, Ryan did a quick calculation and reckons it is around 700bhp at present, but will wait for a printout before committing to that. However my arse dyno tells me its rather quick :D

Hopefully Ryan will be able to comment before he goes away.

97d403ed.jpg

b4125fa1.jpg

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

How is traction Steve ?

I guess with this big BW tubbie, the torque will be quite high !

I just kept planting my foot down and let the Syvecs take care of it :D.

With no traction control 2nd gear is errr interesting, 3rd gear gets better and 4th is fine.