Steve's Project thread

Steve

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to re-configure the Syvecs to allow for the new sensors and DBW setup (Ryan helped with the DBW bits), i then managed to start the car over the weekend for the first time in about a year.

After turning it over with no fuel pump running to get oil round the engine and into the turbo, I reconnected the pumps and it fired straight away :)

Just have a couple of small bits to finish off before getting the MOT sorted and then the mapping :)

Nearly there now :ecstatic:

• 1 month later...

I managed to get a few minutes with Ryan remotely this evening who tweaked some of the settings. I shall be sorting the insurance this week, booking the MOT and then arrange for the mapping. It will also give me a while to get the clutch bedded in.

Also need to replace the rad cap as it seems to have perished, but thats an easy fix.

:)

Luc, it will probably go to AME @ Silverstone as its only down the road from me, with Ryan mapping of course :)

Insurance sorted with A-Plan, great price and service as always :thumbs:

MOT passed earlier today :)

Just need to tax it but ran out of time today.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Ryan has now got the DBW setup working much better than before so it is much smoother :)

The problem we had was we couldnt control the boost so it just kept climbing. In the end in was traced to a faulty diaphragm in the bottom wastegate, so I have ordered 2 replacements and will get it back on the dyno when Ryan is back.

It does seem to build boost very well though.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=174553&d=1378219184

IMG_1388.JPG