Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh and a couple more pics to add --

here is a good comparison photo of 35R compressor vs BW 83-75 compressor:

http://full-race.com/prototype/twinscroll/gt3582R-%20comp-tip.jpg

^^^ 3582R "flat tip"

http://full-race.com/prototype/twinscroll/83-75comp-tip.jpg

^^^83-75 S300SX "extended tip"

Quick question & small hijack, these "extened tip" wheels, when calculating the trim for the wheel (in2/ex2)/100 is the exducer diameter the diameter of the extended tip or the base of the exducer?

Guest Full-Race Geoff
just couldnt get enough clearance from the first exhaust runner.

one trick to solve this very simply is to use an extra T4 turbine flange as a "spacer" between the turbo and manifold. By lifting the turbo up 12mm it usually solves any clearance problems and does not affect downpipe fitment. what manifold are you using again (sorry i cant remember) thanks for the info!

Quick question & small hijack, these "extened tip" wheels, when calculating the trim for the wheel (in2/ex2)/100 is the exducer diameter the diameter of the extended tip or the base of the exducer?

BorgWarner calculates it at the base of the exducer, the tip does not affect airflow like changing trim, only the efficiency of the wheel at higher pressure ratios. While using the compressor's tip OD to calculate exducer and trim would be great for advertising/marketing it would be bad for accurate info

one trick to solve this very simply is to use an extra T4 turbine flange as a "spacer" between the turbo and manifold. By lifting the turbo up 12mm it usually solves any clearance problems and does not affect downpipe fitment. what manifold are you using again (sorry i cant remember) thanks for the info!

Hi Geoff, i did use the a spacer but the exit from the comp cover still just fouled the exhaust runner. So in the end i had to chop the 3" end off the cover and weld an elbow on. Was no other way unfortunately. I beleive Kev's was fine with the SP manifold, so it seems its only the BL manifold that has this problem.

Steve is running a Boost Logic manifold ;)

:thumbs:

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It lives! :yahoo:

I was so nervous about the first startup, but it was very simple with no problems :cool:

Sorry about the poor video. This was taken after I got back from work this afternoon, so had been around 3 hours since Ryan had left, so the engine was just about cold.

_e1Wr2qk86M

Quick thanks to Ryan for coming up today to get it running, I can't beleive how smooth it now runs. So much better than it was before.

Just need to get some miles on it now ready for the 24th March at SRR :)