Steve's Project thread

Steve

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Luc says you need a semi slick tyre to put the power down.

The other thing that makes a massive difference to traction is an APR carbon rear wing, it might not be to everyone's taste looks wise but they really do work. My Supra wheel spins all the way through 4th gear without it fitted, bolt it back on and it hooks up in 2nd gear. That's with R888 tyres.

Also what diff are you using? As that makes a difference also.

As Luc says you need a semi slick tyre to put the power down.

The other thing that makes a massive difference to traction is an APR carbon rear wing, it might not be to everyone's taste looks wise but they really do work. My Supra wheel spins all the way through 4th gear without it fitted, bolt it back on and it hooks up in 2nd gear. That's with R888 tyres.

Also what diff are you using? As that makes a difference also.

Stock LSD at the moment Paul.

Stock LSD at the moment Paul.

I can do you a nice deal on an OS Giken Spec X at the moment, I have one available at a special price....this will make a big difference in traction. I went from a TRD diff to the OS and noticed a big difference on the race track, I could get on the power much earlier out of corners. Steve Linton bolted one on his car too, went from a standard LSD to the OS and gained 2 seconds a lap around Snetterton!

I can do you a nice deal on an OS Giken Spec X at the moment, I have one available at a special price....this will make a big difference in traction. I went from a TRD diff to the OS and noticed a big difference on the race track, I could get on the power much earlier out of corners. Steve Linton bolted one on his car too, went from a standard LSD to the OS and gained 2 seconds a lap around Snetterton!

Is there any difference on the street Paul between the OS Giken and TRD?

Let me know on the diff Paul :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well after being busy with work for the last six months I have finally had the chance to get the car out of the garage.

I ordered a new set of wheels for the car a couple of weeks ago and sorted the tyres last week.

I couldn't really justify spending loads of money on wheels due to the limited use the car gets. But in the end went with some Rota Force wheels in Gunmetal.

On the back I have the 10.5 ET40 and 9.0 ET27 on the fronts.

When I test fitted the wheels I was concerned with how the fronts were sitting.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=186534&stc=1&d=1401545756

After speaking with the resident wheel/offset guru :D (thanks Jamie :thumbs:), he said just go for it. So I got the tyres mounted this morning....

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=186532&stc=1&d=1401545737

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=186533&stc=1&d=1401545737

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=186535&stc=1&d=1401545756

I haven't changed the height or anything yet, gonna see how it settles. I don't want to go to much lower if any due to the speed bumps around here. The arches haven't been rolled or anything yet either.

I went with the Michelin Pilot Sports PS2 in the end, I really didn't want to go with a semi slick tyre.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=186537&stc=1&d=1401546450

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=186538&stc=1&d=1401546852

:)

2900A1DF-DFE6-4FCC-A6E3-499C8EA12E6E_zps4mdcwekd.JPG

895AC0FF-449E-45F4-9846-648E94134D52_zpsj31wtezf.JPG

photo_zps54100894.JPG

D8B2C11A-ECE9-4E68-A2A8-3E8036D73ED0_zpsp2jfcnqm.JPG

92A47766-E896-467F-A07E-9539CF1221AE_zpskcpa8oo1.JPG

B28CA96A-2D90-444A-B6B6-1B850905D44D_zpshcr2rtfs.JPG

• 10 months later...

Little Update

Got round to removing my stock LSD, dropping it off to Chris Wilson to fit my new OS Giken unit. I refitted it a couple of weeks ago.

OS Giken - Didn't get a pic without the bag on!

attachment.php?attachmentid=200481&stc=1&d=1429964804

Stock LSD

attachment.php?attachmentid=200482&stc=1&d=1429965455

2015-03-14 11.15.58.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Due to ongoing back issues over the last year (surgery looking like the only way forward now) the car has not been used at all, quite sad just seeing it sit there not being used. With this in mind I have come to the decision after nearly 13 years of ownership the time has come to either sell the car as it is or break it up for parts. I will be making a list or eveything on the car and having a look around at prices.

Not everything is perfect on the car and there would be things I would change if I was keeping it but I cannot justify spending anymore on it now.

If anyone is interested in either the car as a whole or any of the parts please keep an eye out for a thread to appear in the next week or so. Please bare in mind if the car is broken down, things like the wheels, suspension etc will be the last items to be removed so the car can remain mobile. It will also take me more time than usual to get part off with my back issues.

Due to ongoing back issues over the last year (surgery looking like the only way forward now) the car has not been used at all, quite sad just seeing it sit there not being used. With this in mind I have come to the decision after nearly 13 years of ownership the time has come to either sell the car as it is or break it up for parts. I will be making a list or eveything on the car and having a look around at prices.

Not everything is perfect on the car and there would be things I would change if I was keeping it but I cannot justify spending anymore on it now.

If anyone is interested in either the car as a whole or any of the parts please keep an eye out for a thread to appear in the next week or so. Please bare in mind if the car is broken down, things like the wheels, suspension etc will be the last items to be removed so the car can remain mobile. It will also take me more time than usual to get part off with my back issues.

Keep the car to one side, have the surgery then have a think again. Seems a real shame and after 13 years too. All the best.

A real shame matey, hopefully it goes to a good home without breaking it :(