The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TyreSure - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

T2 MSW

Does anyone that uses the tyresure system know if the wheel sensors only transmit when they detect motion? My new system does not seem to pick up the rear sensors no matter what I do and after a period of time it forgets the fronts.

Have not tried driving the car yet just though I would ask.

Ah, must be an issue with a batch or something then, hopefully you guys will be able to test them prior to fitting the tyres.

I did not think to test what is essentially £100 piece of kit I just expected for that amount of money it to just work. Anyone got contact details for Tyresure?

Mike, I also struggled to find someone to fit tyres that I supplied, ended up getting charged £10 a wheel for fitting which is just a plain rip off.

mmm not too impressed with this system so far. Just been out for a little run, had two sensors reading when I left the house, one stayed on 13C the other as expected up to 25C.

Got back and it seems the system works with all 4 sensors when the receiver unit is outside the car :blink:

Guest Tyresure

Hi Guys,

I cant believe your having problems!?!? Can anyone who is having an issue drop either myself or Darren a call at TYRESURE on 01530 517 920. If any systems are not working it is usually something simple, any other issues will be sorted in some way (not sure how as no system has failed!!)

Other than a set of valve caps we have no issues from you guys so get in touch!!! Could be a batch that hasnt been programmed properly, this system should work immediatly it has registered a pressure so wont work unless fitted. Once the system is pressurised for over 1hr it is on till the battery runs flat so if your system is fitted and you cant drive it should still work.

please guys, get in touch!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry,

Ben

Hi Guys,

I cant believe your having problems!?!? Can anyone who is having an issue drop either myself or Darren a call at TYRESURE on 01530 517 920. If any systems are not working it is usually something simple, any other issues will be sorted in some way (not sure how as no system has failed!!)

Other than a set of valve caps we have no issues from you guys so get in touch!!! Could be a batch that hasnt been programmed properly, this system should work immediatly it has registered a pressure so wont work unless fitted. Once the system is pressurised for over 1hr it is on till the battery runs flat so if your system is fitted and you cant drive it should still work.

please guys, get in touch!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry,

Ben

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will centainly get in touch if I cant figure out what the issue is but I think mine has got to be something interfearing with the signal as it works fine outside the car.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I was considering getting this system - these posts don't sound too good! Were the problems ever sorted out?

bit of a resurection but after having a bit of a moment t'other day with an back tyre that only had 10 psi in, some prior warning of my impending doom would be good, how have these units been now after a while

I have the tire sure on my Supra, and the systems works very fine .. pick up time is generally 5-20 sec for the 4 tires (standing or moving doesn't matter).

We had however problems on my mates RX8 turbo, which couldn't get more than 1 (sometimes 2) sensors. When we re-oriented the display further away from the stereo and satnav, the system worked much better. The display still needs sometimes up to 3 minutes to get every sensor, but once they're in, it works fine.

I'm going to stick my head above the parapit and say these seem like a very good system and are pretty reliable from my experience of them.

As most will know, we have these fitted in both the Time Attack Supra's and they work flawlessley. I have a set of my own to one side as i'm planning on running them on my next Supra as well, so not just talking the talk, as I walked the walk as well and put my hand in my pocket. ;)

The fact the guys found the thread and posted up offering to assist and replace anything faulty was really nice to see and the sales team are also very friendly and supportive.

Everyone has to decide for themselves but for me, this is a great bit of kit which at the end of the day could save lives.

Pete