The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wez Track Supra

Wez

Water/Meth Injection Install

I decided to tidy up my water/meth install which is based on an Aquamist 1s system, I have done away with the pressure switch as the Solaris can activate it based on air charge temp, throttle position and manifold pressure. Thanks to a little 1k resistor, hence this thread, I now have an LED on the dash which tells me when the pump is active. I completed the wiring and testing this morning.

Red = LED + with resistor inline

BLK = LED -

GRE = ON/OFF

YEL = ECU trigger wire

Dash Installation

Just a little update, most of the Dash2 wiring is completed but need to figure out why the fuel level on analogue input one isnt working, it slowly climbs to 100% and stops. I have also wired up two extra LEDs to the right of the Dash2, top one replaces the warning triangle on the stock cluster and the bottom is the fuel level low indicator, both of these still need testing.

I still need to tidy up the right hand dash panel, its low on the list at the moment but it will get done. The hole on the right will be covered by the Tyresure temp/pressure monitor when I get round to installing it.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cage Painting

Thought I would have a go at painting the cage, first off I decided to just give the car a little tidy up inside, with all the wiring and other bits going on it needed it, a quick hoover up all round I then masked up the rear rollcage mounts and gave the rear section a single coat. I will check how it looks once dry tomorrow and move on to the rest of the cage. I am using hammerite smooth black paint, this is brushed on once the area has been cleaned, in my case its a wire brush to any rusty areas, then alcohol wipes and then wiped over with a dry cloth.

I will post more pics once its finished, here are a couple for now.

Before

After Edited to add some more pics ;)

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

I will try and pickup a 100 ohm resistor tomorrow to wire from the Dash2 5v output and T into the stock fuel sender on 10A which I have wired into analogue input 1.

Big thanks for JustGav for providing the following stock sender resistance values in this thread :thumbs:

Float Position Ohms

Full ................................................... 4

Half .................................................. 55

Empty .............................................. 107

Little update as just finished doing some more :)

Checked the bit of rear cage I painted yesterday, it looks ok so I prepped the rest of the cage by rubbing it down and the cleaning with alcohol. Once that was done I masked off the areas I didnt want to get paint on and put the first coat on some more of the cage. Also put a second coat on the rear section, makes a big difference.

No more pics yet, I will take some when its finished which will hopefully be before the weekend.

Little update

Fixed the fuel level issue, when installing the Dash2 without the stock dash in place you need to use the 5v reference output and a 100 Ohm resistor, this is T`ed into the fuel sender wire. I used a 2W resistor.

The warning triangle replacement LED needs to be re-wired as this pulls to ground much like the brake warning. The right hand dash panel still needs tidying up and covering with a sheet of carbon. At a later stage I am looking at fitting a water level warning LED for the WI setup.

Relay Box Install

As my water/meth injection is activated by ungrounding the centre pin on the pump I had to use a two way relay, the Solaris doesnt currently have the ability to invert its outputs although should be possible with a future software release.

The Solaris inputs are switched ground and my dash switches output positive as they have built in LEDs, to get round this I installed a relay for each switch. Instead of having lots of floating relays I decided to install a mini relay box behind the dash.

• 2 weeks later...

Little Update :D

Getting there now, I spent a lot of time last week getting the car ready for a trackday at Brands Hatch on the 25th, most things are completed now and just a few bits need tweaking here and there.

I have a 15min video from one of the sessions which I am working on so will post that up when done :)

Coming along nicely Wez and good to hear you've got it back on the track where it belongs :thumbs: The engine bay is almost tidy now, next you'll be de-yellowing those headlights :D

How much longer before the 'kit' goes? All the extra weight.. ;) :p

PS: looking forward to the vid :)