The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wez Track Supra

Wez

Removing the stock oil cooler

How best to go about removing the stock oil cooler?

I have an external oil cooler which CW fitted for me a while back but would now like to bin the stock unit and keep my CW install, what do I need to go about this?

Simons thread says the union bolt you need to go into the block that the filter takeoff attaches to is standard oil filter size, which is 3/4" UNF, I am guessing I would need to adapt this for the sandwich plate for my external cooler.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like there are a couple of boxes that can be removed from the cabin :)

From top down...Aerial ecu (brown), Aircon ecu (white), Active Spoiler ecu (silver), Abs ecu (silver).

The aerial and aircon ECUs can be binned, I dont have an active spoiler and the ABS unit can stay.

Pic added

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

Dash Loom

Wahooo, finally got the dash loom out, what a PITA that is :D

Tomorrow I will start working back and removing all the wiring thats not required, it should hopefully be much smaller and lighter once completed, I will add wiring for my dash2 connectors and custom switches etc.

MPH to KPH Convertor

When the loom was removed I discovered I had a Cartek CK-DU-99 MPH to KPH convertor, apparently these were common on JIC cars which is where I got mine. This also explains why my ECU would never see over 100mph.

The grey cable labelled ECU was traced as this signal is clamped and goes to the power steering controller and ECU, not anymore as I have now run wires from the original speed source.

Hopefully the ECU should now see over 100mph and pick up sixth gear properly ;)

Coming along real nicely Wes, great work.

Thanks matey, the wiring is taking ages but drivers side is mostly complete now and looks ten times better, been rolling around in the car all weekend. Should be fitting the dash loom back in this week sometime.

Thanks matey, the wiring is taking ages but drivers side is mostly complete now and looks ten times better, been rolling around in the car all weekend. Should be fitting the dash loom back in this week sometime.

Are you taping the wires back up? If so try heating the tape up first, ie keep it in your pocket, as it'll make the tape more flexible :)