The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you read resistors

Wez

Are you sure it isn't a 110 Ohm resistor Wez,

I'm not 100% but I think you might have read it the wrong way round.

Brown Black Black Brown Brown = 1K

Brown Brown Black Black Brown = 110 Ohm

Resistor color codes are read from the color that is nearest the edge of the resistor - that is treated as the first column

It's difficult to determine which is the band closest to the edge, but to me it appears to be the one on the right, and the gap between the leftmost and next band appears to be larger, suggesting a separation between the value and the tolerance bands.

It's a pain in the arse that the tolerance band isn't silver or gold, it usually makes life easier :D

http://www.audionotekits.com/resistorcodes.html

Are you sure its not 110 Ohms ?

There looks to be a bigger gap between the brown on the left and the black, than between the other stripes.

Me thinks its upside down and therefore need to read it from right to left??

Matt

Bugger it took me so long to confirm my suspicions that you only went and posted a good 13 minutes before me while I had the reply typed up waiting to submit. I'll get my coat...

Mike