Wez

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

General Tidy Up

Over the past week I have been tidying up some bits and pieces like the brackets that hold the throttle cable etc. I also cleaned up the Cusco strut brace bases as they were bright blue :)

Before

After

What colour should I have the strut brace?

Below are pics of my new Carbing brace and my original Cusco which I have done in black, as I now have the Carbing brace I was wondering if I should leave it polished or get it powder coated in black, I am very happy with the finish on the Cusco but think the Carbing would be better powder coated.

What are peoples thoughts, I am leaning towards powder coated black :D

Water Work

I am looking to remove all external water ways as I dont need them and wondering how best to attack it. I have ordered some rubber pipe caps from Whiffin which I will use to block the matrix feed at the back of the head.

If I recall correctly there are two feeds on the inlet side, one feeds the throttle and IAC and the other feeds the stock oil cooler. I am looking to remove these lines and also bin the stock oil cooler since I have an external cooler in the passenger side duct.

Looking through Simons engine build thread the nipple that screws into the block and feeds water to the stock cooler has a 3/8NPTF thread size, I can order a plug for this so no worries there. Not sure about the other feed, I am guessing its just a nipple with I can plug off.

That would clear everything on the inlet side.

On the exhaust side I was planning to take off the return pipe and trim it right down and have it welded over as I have no need to run any water along the engine externally, the water pump outlet I was going to put a cap on and the water elbow I already have modded ready to go on.

What are peoples thoughts?

Edited by Wez (see edit history)