SteveL's (Garage Whifbitz) Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heared so much bad stuff about Rota wheels and if you google Rota wheels pictures you find worse pics about their quality.

Not sure if that is still the case.

Pleanty of members running Rota rims with no issues at all. And not just road use, some hard use on track as well :) Ive had mine powder coated and not had any hint of issues :)

Good luck Steve - see ya sat.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

We fitted an Accusump to Steves car in preparation for running slicks which will hopefully insure there isn't any oil starvation in the twisty bits.

It fitted under the inlet manifold just about, perfect fit.

Lets hope it works, should do, Touring Car teams use them.

I took the car to Wheels In Motion on Wednesday to have the car realigned. I've been told by a few sources that we should be running more negative camber front and rear, unfortunately the most we could get on the front was 2.2 degrees.

So I got on the phone to one of our sponsors, Superpro, who are going to make an offset bush for the lower arms, that should then solve that problem hopefully, should be here next week sometime.

Ryan and I took the car to TDi's fantastic dyno last week, unfortunately we had a problem with fuel pressure on the day (which ended up being the fuel filter) so couldn't turn the boost up to go for a nice figure. Still made 560bhp at the hubs so about 650bhp approx.

This car isn't about out and out power as its tuned for the track but the important thing that came out of it was the turbo spooling up earlier. As with my own car this is down to the twin wastegate/twin scroll manifold, improving spool up by about 200rpm over my own single wastegate manifold it had fitted previously. I'll post up a dyno sheet a bit later so you can see the difference.

I took a quick video as well:

• 3 weeks later...
I presume you solved the fuel pressure drop problem Paul.

Are you gonna have it remapped soon?

Solved that yes, it was a damaged fuel filter.

I ordered a new turbo for Steves car yesterday, went for an S366 Billet Batmowheel, I'm expecting more power and faster spool up, can't wait to find out, hopefully should get it fitted and mapped before the next round on the 14th May.

Solved that yes, it was a damaged fuel filter.

I ordered a new turbo for Steves car yesterday, went for an S366 Billet Batmowheel, I'm expecting more power and faster spool up, can't wait to find out, hopefully should get it fitted and mapped before the next round on the 14th May.

What is the price of a S366 Billet Batmowheel?