Paul Whiffin

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And we've gone for a new windmill to.

We thought we would try out one of the new Bullseye Power S366 Batmowheel billet T4 0.91 divided turbo. I've been hearing great things about these turbos from Bullseye themselves and from the other side of the pond plus the results that Lee Batemans got with S362 version of it. Cant wait to see what this baby does....

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

I tried the Batmowheel S366 out on the road Thursday and first impressions are very good indeed. Seems to come on boost quite progressively compared to the old turbo and keeps pulling up to 8000rpm(rev limiter) so might need some more revs available. I need to get the car to a dyno ASAP to see exactly what its doing, so far so good though.

Also forgot to add, the Superpro offset bushes I had made worked a treat. We've now got an easy 3 deg negative camber on the front and 4 deg of caster with plenty more camber if needed.

So for anyone running slicks this is a really cheap way of getting the camber required.

Also forgot to add, the Superpro offset bushes I had made worked a treat. We've now got an easy 3 deg negative camber on the front and 4 deg of caster with plenty more camber if needed.

So for anyone running slicks this is a really cheap way of getting the camber required.

They'd be an advantage to anyone who tracks their car on a regular basis, camber on a Supra running stock arms is severly limited. Especially at the front.

Just a couple of questions on these though.

From looking at the bushes Paul it would seem that the way the insert is lined up in the bush prior to mounting is crucial? (ie, the thick sidewall towards the hub for the maximum combination of camber & caster.)

Also is the clamping force of the mounting brackets sufficient to stop the insert from rotating to a "stable" position due to the forces the bush has to contend with under heavy cornering?

Maybe I'm reading too much into the whole arrangement but wouldn't a textured/knurled/dimpled finish to the ends of the insert be an easy way to minimise the possible chance of the insert turning in the mount and so upsetting the geo?

Is anything I've just mentioned even likely to be a problem??:)

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

They'd be an advantage to anyone who tracks their car on a regular basis, camber on a Supra running stock arms is severly limited. Especially at the front.

Just a couple of questions on these though.

From looking at the bushes Paul it would seem that the way the insert is lined up in the bush prior to mounting is crucial? (ie, the thick sidewall towards the hub for the maximum combination of camber & caster.)

Also is the clamping force of the mounting brackets sufficient to stop the insert from rotating to a "stable" position due to the forces the bush has to contend with under heavy cornering?

Maybe I'm reading too much into the whole arrangement but wouldn't a textured/knurled/dimpled finish to the ends of the insert be an easy way to minimise the possible chance of the insert turning in the mount and so upsetting the geo?

Is anything I've just mentioned even likely to be a problem??:)

The thick sidewall goes to the insider of the car to push the arm as much as possible and then adjusted on the normal adjusters to what camber you require.

We raced the car last weekend with no problems with anything moving, the camber is the same now as it was before so they do work, proof is in the pudding as they say.

Ta

• 8 months later...
I tried the Batmowheel S366 out on the road Thursday and first impressions are very good indeed. Seems to come on boost quite progressively compared to the old turbo and keeps pulling up to 8000rpm(rev limiter) so might need some more revs available. I need to get the car to a dyno ASAP to see exactly what its doing, so far so good though.

Hi Paul / Steve,

Di you ever dyno the car with the S366 batmowheel turbo?

Thanks,

Ewan