SteveL's (Garage Whifbitz) Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solved that yes, it was a damaged fuel filter.

I ordered a new turbo for Steves car yesterday, went for an S366 Billet Batmowheel, I'm expecting more power and faster spool up, can't wait to find out, hopefully should get it fitted and mapped before the next round on the 14th May.

Would be really nice to compare Holset HX50 Billet and S366 Batmo.. I was comparing my dyno plot and leelbuk, it seems that S362 spools slower than my HX50 O_o Could it be the cams that affects in the spool?

Edited by Tenttu (see edit history)

Yep

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?129455-Supra-ECU-Register/page19&highlight=ecu+register

see Leelbuck's Supra.

Paul : do you know if he's running a stock intake or aftermarked, and what manif?????

Stock manifold.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?244836-Supra-Mapped-S362-Batmowheel-6-Months-Work-Paid-Off!

You just know you need a batmowheel now:D

Spool depends on multiple factors like turbo caracteristics, cams, manifold, aso.

It ain't that easy to compare 2 completely different setups.

Fair enough. :) I will make comparison with hx50mfs and s366 batmo at some point. Sorry for the OT!

Test fitted the Rota Boost alloys today, look better than I thought they would in white, unfortunately it was the only colour they had in stock. Also test fitted the Michelin slick tyres, these are straight off a Porsche Cup car.

9x18 front and 10x18 rear yar.

How much did it cost for a set of those wheels and what size tyres do you use in both slick and road legal versions?

How much did it cost for a set of those wheels and what size tyres do you use in both slick and road legal versions?

Hi Wez,

I can do you a good price on them. PM me if your interested.

We run 255/35 front and 295/30 rear R888 for intermediate and road use.

Michelin Porsche cup slicks and wets, I'd have to check the sizes, dont know them off the top my head unfortunately.

Ta

Hi Wez,

I can do you a good price on them. PM me if your interested.

We run 255/35 front and 295/30 rear R888 for intermediate and road use.

Michelin Porsche cup slicks and wets, I'd have to check the sizes, dont know them off the top my head unfortunately.

Ta

Hi wez,

the slicks and wets are :

24/64 and 27/68 - same as what the Carrrea Cup boys ran last year.

Thanks for the info guys :thumbs:

What offsets are you running on the Rota wheels and did you need to do any arch work?

I am guessing a set of these part worns are far cheaper than running R888s as I want to get back on track a lot more this year but the cost of R888s or better is crazy money :(

Thanks for the info guys :thumbs:

What offsets are you running on the Rota wheels and did you need to do any arch work?

I am guessing a set of these part worns are far cheaper than running R888s as I want to get back on track a lot more this year but the cost of R888s or better is crazy money :(

They are +30 front and +35 rear, you'll need the rear arches rolled for definate.

Slicks are much cheaper yeah. You should fit an acusump though, you don't want to be suffering from any oil starvation do you. They are pretty easy to fit and don't cost a lot either.

Ta

They are +30 front and +35 rear, you'll need the rear arches rolled for definate.

Slicks are much cheaper yeah. You should fit an acusump though, you don't want to be suffering from any oil starvation do you. They are pretty easy to fit and don't cost a lot either.

Ta

Thanks Paul, I sent you PM regarding the wheels :thumbs:

So how does the acusump plumb in and which size did you go for?

Thanks Paul, I sent you PM regarding the wheels :thumbs:

So how does the acusump plumb in and which size did you go for?

The largest tank.

Some pics of it fitted here. We used the back turbo oil feed for the oil supply to it, its very easy to install as long as you have room for it. I can supply all the bits if needed of course.

The largest tank.

Some pics of it fitted here. We used the back turbo oil feed for the oil supply to it, its very easy to install as long as you have room for it. I can supply all the bits if needed of course.

Ahh yes I see where the feed is going now. The largest being 6 pints, does that then mean you have an additional 6 pints of oil in the system which is need to fill the Accusump?

How much would you sell a complete Accusump kit for and what would be included?

Ahh yes I see where the feed is going now. The largest being 6 pints, does that then mean you have an additional 6 pints of oil in the system which is need to fill the Accusump?

How much would you sell a complete Accusump kit for and what would be included?

6 pints extra yes.

Emaill me at [email protected] and I'll give you all the prices mate.

Some update for you.

Steve didn't quite like the Cobra Sebring Pro's so we fitted a pair of Cobra Evolution Pro seats instead, pics below. These are much nicer fit, lower down and not as wide either.

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/cobraevolutionseats.jpg

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/cobraevolutionseats2.jpg

And we found the problem with the spongy brake pedal. The caliper piston seals were melted! They've done pretty well though as the calipers haven't had a rebuild since new and they've had about 6 years of track abuse.

While we were at it we thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the caliper pistons from alluminium to stainless steel for less heat transfer through the piston into the brake fluid.

All rebuilt, back on the car now and bled up with Motul RBF660 brake fluid as per normal.