The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well another supra heads to the grave yard :(

Sean1933

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nobbys nuts

Thanks again guys. the weather really hasnt been that bad down are way, had snow for too days and that was it. Wasnt even ive on my windscreen when i left so didnt even think about how cold it was.

Oh and thanks for the pics nobber ;) , my toes have only just warmed up too.

Really gutted for you mate, but to be fair after recent weather conditions i wouldn't of been thinking about any overtaking! real harsh lesson learnt though! Glad your ok!

im gutted for you and happy your ok but as said with these cars overtaking in this weather is a risky thing harsh lesson,

Ive only just been out today and drove gingerly as could feel rear moving about,hope it gets sorted out m8

Really sorry to see that mate, was going to sell my RLTC but I think I'll install it now, I guess no matter how smooth you drive it, when you hit the black ice there's nothing you can do.

I've just been out in the Corsa, came to a downhill junction slowly on the ungritted roads and just started sliding, even with the ABS on, think I was only doing 10-15 mph yet it was like the car was on sheet ice. Overshot the junction (luckly it's quiet and nothing was coming), so I shot to the shop for some beer & put the car away. Not great weather for driving even little FWD cars at the mo :(

:(

It was cold today but it might not have been ice, the salt that's put down on the roads is hydroscopic so will absourb moisture from the air and reduce traction a lot, even on what looks like a bone dry road; I did exactly the same thing as you in my first Supra's first Winter but thankfully caught it before I left the road sideways. :eek: