TOTB8 (2009) - Sunday 26th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You gonna be there chis???? We may even get El Tel to go!!!

I'll check my busy social calender when I get off work :sly:

My days of caning up the strip are over - lets face it I was crap at it anyway :D Don't mind being support though. All we need now is Jake to lend a hand.

I know Bri, it's def something I would like to do again (if for nothing else but to improve on my previous attempt :)), I still think I'd be sh1t at launching though :D

You'll get better the more you launch it... you sure you couldn't get it ready in time?!? :eyebrows:

Nice one, be good have a competitive car this year. :thumbs:

Not sure about this year but last year they reduced the top speed run to a kilometer which was a bit of a pain.

Looking forward to going guys, thanks for the support. Hopefully the car will do us proud, im going to run the Trial car mapped to 2.5 bar, should do well top speed and handling don't know about down the strip but i will put some of the parts for my car on it to try and get it to drag a bit better. Should hit well over 200mph and hoping for low 10's but i will be driving it virtually for the first time at TOTB, we will prob do some launch practice at work when the estate is quiet!!!:blink::rolleyes:. and Paul (matts partner) is going to set the suspension up with corner weight etc for me. Like i said both cars will run next year but i cant get mine anywhere near ready in time so we have told Matt his is going instead, can't wait to see his face when the launch control kicks in at the tree.:blink:
[sAD][/sAD]
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

You'll get better the more you launch it... you sure you couldn't get it ready in time?!? :eyebrows:

If I were just putting the turbo back on & getting it mapped then maybe, but now I've started to rewire/replumb the entire engine bay, I only get to work on the car at weekends (if the weather is fine), so it's going to take me a while. The new turbo hasn't left the US yet, prolly a month before I receive it, I couldn't commit as I'd only let you guys down, if I prepare for next year now I should make it :D

If I were just putting the turbo back on & getting it mapped then maybe, but now I've started to rewire/replumb the entire engine bay, I only get to work on the car at weekends (if the weather is fine), so it's going to take me a while. The new turbo hasn't left the US yet, prolly a month before I receive it, I couldn't commit as I'd only let you guys down, if I prepare for next year now I should make it :D

See what you can do mate, be good to catch up :)

Nice one, be good have a competitive car this year. :thumbs:

Not sure about this year but last year they reduced the top speed run to a kilometer which was a bit of a pain.

Are you running again Lee?

I would love to be there to see Dude run and perhaps get the old crew together but I am away on holiday from the 25th July so cannot.

Dude, the hotel we ended up always using (after Crossroads motel the first year) was the Travelinn at Goole. I would try to book in there if you need a hotel for you and the crew.

Just got a good hotel offer through from Premier Inn:

2 Nights For £29 / Night if you book 21 days in advance

I'm gonna stay Friday 24th & Saturday 25th July at the Castleford (M62, Jct 31) Premier Inn because it's one of the closest to TOTB included in the offer at only 32 miles away and is one junction away from Castleford Xscape so gonna spend time skiing / eating / drinking there on the Saturday after travelling down Friday evening after work... travel across to TOTB Sunday morning earlyish and head up the road straight after.

Cheers,

Brian.

OK thanks for the update Lee - was hoping you'd went single in place of them laggy twins! :eyebrows:

To those we have confirmed - can you get your entry forms with payment in to Chris Mann / TOTB asap and post up here to say yours is in so we can keep track with Chris. Mark your team as 'MKIVSupra.NET' on the entry form.

Also, be aware of the strict noise regs. Contact me by PM if you're worried about passing these regs.

Cheers,

Brian.

Updated team list:

---

1. [11's] Michel lane (sp74dbb / fully built unit, 6sp)

2. [11's] Rob Wild (PHR Stage1 / ML uprated box)

3. [11.8]/[172mph 1 Mile] Pig (T61, built engine)

4. [CIRCUIT] [10's] Dude (Trial Demo Car, 6spd. Adequate!!!!:blink:)

5.[No idea] Gruggs (BL71DBB / BL box)

---

We should be finished up on Saturday so i'll chuck my name in for this.

G

Guest emicen
Updated team list:

---

1. [11's] Michel lane (sp74dbb / fully built unit, 6sp)

2. [11's] Rob Wild (PHR Stage1 / ML uprated box)

3. [11.8]/[172mph 1 Mile] Pig (T61, built engine)

4. [CIRCUIT] [10's] Dude (Trial Demo Car, 6spd. Adequate!!!!:blink:)

5.[No idea] Gruggs (BL71DBB / BL box)

---

We should be finished up on Saturday so i'll chuck my name in for this.

G

Just quoting that date for posterity... :p

Guest emicen
Good to have you on board at last G! :)

How's the car?

Get your applications in guys and post here to say you've done so.

Cheers,

Brian.

To give him his dues, the car is now 99.9% done, the mechanical bits remaining are very minor and we left it on the ramps in the garage on Sunday ready for the mechanic to get stuck in.

Would post a couple of pics for him but photobucket won't upload from a phone for some reason.