• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just found this in my email from Chris Mann (TOTB):

---

to all

please find attached this years entry form, also available to download from our site at;

http://www.totb.co.uk/compete/apply-now.asp

Closing date for all entries is 3rd July 2009.

Any queries please let us know.

I've some sad news to bring as well for those of you who knew Simon Hinshelwood, my colleague from day 1 of TOTB. Simon passed away on Saturday 28th Feb aged just 40 years, after a long illness. If anyone wants to send a card/flowers or attend the funeral etc please drop me a line so i can pass on details. He'll be missed, one of life's nice characters and a smashing bloke. Simon used to film/edit and produce all our inhouse dvds and was instrumental in setting up TOTB with me.

bye for now

Chris

Chris Mann

http://www.totb.co.uk

---

Have attached the entry form to this post and the original post in this thread.

Any more takers? I'd like us to have a finalised team entry by 20th June given the closing date for entries.

Cheers,

Brian.

TOTB_8_Entry_form.xls

1. Michel lane - sp74dbb / fully built unit,baby seat, 6sp (700hp)

2. Rob Wild - PHR Stage1 / ML uprated box (550HP)

3. [11.8]/[Circuit]/[172mph(1 mile)]Pig - T61, almost dead built engine :eyebrows: (575HP)

• 1 month later...

From Chris Mann:

---

to all

Straightliners have a couple of events which may be of interest, can you email me asap if interested in the santa pod test n tune day, and also pass on details of the top speed event at woodbridge to any interested parties.

santa pod day- midweek 13th may £100 per car if 40 cars or £50 @ 80 cars etc. fully prepped track and no queues! this is ideal for any clubs fancying a qualifier for totb but needs a quick response thanks.

top speed- woodbridge 9th and 10th may 2 lanes with traps at 1m and 1 1/2miles.

£60 per day per car

TOTB update- please start to chase up your team members for entry forms if possible and dont forget that clubs can have their own show area alongside the trade area with tickets at £13 advance for 10+ bookings. need confirmation and payment before end of may, first come basis

cheers

chris

---

If anyone is interested in the above contact Chris on [email protected]

RE: TOTB8 - anymore interested parties in running? I've had some people say they may be ready by PM but they don't wanna put their names down here yet just in case, so if any of you are more confident of being ready please state your interest here.

Cheers,

Brian.

• 1 month later...

From Chris Mann today:

---

Japanese Performance TOTB8 in association with Millers Oils

Sunday 26th July 2009.

Update to team reps 2nd June.

To all-

Entry forms

With 4 weeks to go until the official closing date for entries we would ask all team reps to now start sending in their team applications and payments. Please confirm this week on email with us how many cars are expected to compete and when we can expect to receive your entries. Please try and ensure we get all the forms for the 3rd July.

Noise issues

As per last year the situation at Elvington doesn’t get any easier, and this is a reminder to team reps that noise testing will be strictly monitored as a static test by Elvington airfields own representative. 103db is the general noise limit for the majority of cars and 106db for proven sub10s cars which will again have to be notified in advance to us once your teams are selected. Please note that this issue is being monitored by the airfield owners, and it will be noted on the noise test sticker if bungs were used. Any cars that appear much noisier during the day may be subject to a re-test and if found to be running without the same bung in place may be disqualified if they cannot pass the re-test. Bruntingthorpe has recently lost their noise case and cannot run public trackdays anymore apparently so please ask all competitors to abide by the site rules.

Many of the proven sub10s 1/4m cars can and did run at 103db anyway so it’s not a case that the cars have to be noisy to be fast and the airfield owners know this is the case from testing this year at Subaru sprints.

Club Display areas (static areas near trade stands)

As usual these are issued on a first come basis with bookings taken until 3rd July.

We provisionally have 240 cars or so booked into this area with the MLR taking the first 100 spaces as usual. Other club areas can only be held until the 3rd July so please get the bookings in before then. (£13 per ticket to club groups for 10+ orders)

Car club parking areas will be organised for TOTB this year by a 3rd party show organiser (who we will introduce on email to everyone later this month when we have the full and correct contact details) as Fiona Hogan isn’t able to attend the event this year unfortunately.

Camping-

This caused some issues last year with quite a few non competitors (i.e. friends etc) asking for camping on the day before the event. Strictly speaking only team reps and competitors plus bone fide traders can stay on site. Last year we also had an unfortunate incident with someone driving around the runway at night. This nearly lost the use of the venue to camping for competitors and must not happen again. Anyone doing so will be ejected from site and the owners of the venue may also ask others to leave at the same time. Therefore I have been asked to ensure that only competitors and team reps camp and that a full list of names/addresses must be given in advance for anyone doing so. We’ll need this by early July and it will be closed off at that point.

Pitlane areas (Competitors and Team Liaison)

Finally we’d like to introduce all team reps to Dave Naxton, who will be running the Pitlane and team liaison roles for TOTB at the event this year. Dave may be known to some of you as he is heavily involved in the modified car scene with running the GTO UK club and 200 Plus Club during the past few seasons. Dave will be copied in on all updates from today and should also be included on any email queries from team

Reps or competitors etc as well as to myself. Dave is on:

[email protected]

Any queries please drop us a line

Many thanks

TOTB Team

Chris Mann

http://www.totb.co.uk

So who else is in then? I need to get back to Chris with firm numbers.

- Jevansio?

- Wez?

- Lee P?

- Steve R?

- Smarty?

- Dude?

- Gruggs?

- RyanG??

Please get your names on the list and your forms in ASAP guys if you wanna compete and let me know on here so I can confirm with Chris before we lose our places.

Cheers,

Brian.

When do you need to know by Brian? I'm going to have to leave it as late as possible before I confirm either way. Will hopefully come along & support, at least. :)

ASAP Steve but can hopefully keep you a spot - what's the dependency?

Application forms with payment should be submitted direct to TOTB by the end of the month if you're in the team.

Current Team List:

1. [11's] Michel lane (sp74dbb / fully built unit, 6sp)

2. [11's] Rob Wild (PHR Stage1 / ML uprated box)

3. [11.8]/[172mph 1 Mile] Pig (T61, built engine)

Cheers,

Brian.

Will be good to see you back on the strip Sir :D

Looking forward to going guys, thanks for the support. Hopefully the car will do us proud, im going to run the Trial car mapped to 2.5 bar, should do well top speed and handling don't know about down the strip but i will put some of the parts for my car on it to try and get it to drag a bit better. Should hit well over 200mph and hoping for low 10's but i will be driving it virtually for the first time at TOTB, we will prob do some launch practice at work when the estate is quiet!!!:blink::rolleyes:. and Paul (matts partner) is going to set the suspension up with corner weight etc for me. Like i said both cars will run next year but i cant get mine anywhere near ready in time so we have told Matt his is going instead, can't wait to see his face when the launch control kicks in at the tree.:blink:

[sAD][/sAD]
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

ASAP Steve but can hopefully keep you a spot - what's the dependency?

Application forms with payment should be submitted direct to TOTB by the end of the month if you're in the team.

Current Team List:

4. Dude, Trial Demo Car, 6spd. Adequate!!!!:blink:

Cheers,

Brian.

Think i prob did that wrong:search:

You have pm dude:cool:

Told you i'd be back:cool::cool::eyebrows::search:

Sweeeet Dude! :D You've made my day :cool:

We got ourselves a race!!! :thumbs:

Updated team list:

---

4. [CIRCUIT] [10's] Dude (Trial Demo Car, 6spd. Adequate!!!!:blink:)

---

Cheers,

Brian.