tDR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Final Team List (confirmed):

1. [CIRCUIT] [10's] Dude (Trial Demo Car, 6spd. Adequate!!!!)

2. [No idea] Gruggs (BL71DBB / BL box)

---

Thanks for getting your entries in guys - the rest of you are a bunch of pussies :p :taped:

Christ I just noticed this. Unbelievable. Where's all the "800" cough bhp street racing heroes now then eh? Hmm? :taped:

*bookmarks thread to use in future :blahblah: threads*

-Ian

Anybody coming along to spectate that could bring coolboxes with BBQ meat / cans of juice etc? If anyone fancies helping out by bringing stuff keep a receipt for me and I'll reimburse any costs on the club.

I have some disposeable BBQ's in my boot to use around lunchtime as well as gazebo / table / chairs but was in a bit of a rush to head down the road yesterday so didn't get a chance to get some food and drink.

TOTB usually finishes around 5-6PM yes, hopefully we'll have someone in the shootouts to cheer on :more:

I can probably do some updates during the day - got 3G builtin to my laptop :)

Just back from Elvington, the Trial car is on site already and passed scrutineering with no issues AFAIK, presume the "rest" of the team are arriving tomorrow morning.

Pit area is down the bottom end near the start line, we don't have the big tent we usually use for the MR2s but should have some cover if the rain comes down.

Nice and warm up there today, bit cloudy but generally blue skies ahoy, fingers crossed it stays the same for tomorrow.

A quick warning for people driving in tomorrow, when I went up today I counted 8 Volvo estate police cars (one unmarked in burgundy) parked up on the A64, a "dog" van that seemed more like a camera one and about 6 police motorbikes. When I left Elvington at 7pm there was a camera van parked at the entrance to the air museum, it looked as though it was watching anyone who pulled off the main road into the industrial estate.

So set off early and don't be tempted to go too fast, seems like they are out in force at the moment, must be saving up for something nice or trying to make up crime figures.

Good luck team Supra!

Hi Guys,

Its fairly safe to say that i've had an absolutely gutting last few days.

We worked so hard to get the car ready with all nighters, all weekenders etc and finally managed it. We were due to head down to see Ryan on Wednesday for a mapping session and this is where the fun began.

Tuesday 10pm - Oh crap! fuel pressure issue whilst loading car onto the trailer. Phew! just a fuel hose in the tank which needed tightened up. 12pm car on trailer all set for going at 3am.

Wednesday 9.10am - 210 miles covered, 60 miles to go and disaster strikes, plumes of smoke from the front of the hilux.

Pull over, inspect the car and the radiator is cracked near the top. Right fill it up with water in the car and limp to the nearest town which has a garage. We obtain a blowtorch and some heavy duty solder to try and repair the damage.

Call Ryan to say running about 1/2 hour late, problem fixed and on our way. Bac onto the A1 only for the temps to shoot up again and steam to pour out. We had to pull over and this time it was too far to the next exit so we need to think about recovery.

I call the mechanic who's car we were borrowing to get his recovery details. Oh wait, he has none. This is slightly annoying as we had asked him specifically before we left if he was covered as we had no personal cover but as we owned the surf before him we had a policy which actually expired on the Tuesday and we would have extended.

So we are sat there with no breakdown cover and RAC, greenflag wanting £3 per mile for anything over 10 miles. So we get recovered back to the same garage.

We then try to source a radiator whilst down there. They can get one for £400 but middle of next week. I phone up the road and he can get one for the afternoon to him. So we get a hire car, head the 200 odd miles back up the road to collect the radiator.

We head back down for 9am thursday, radiator is fitted by 10am and we think we are on our way again to meet Ryan. This moment of joy was then smashed by white smoke out of the exhaust.

The bloody headgasket had gone! :(:(

It looked like game over at this point so we headed into harrogate to get a hire car to take us home. We couldnt get one until 4pm, so we think right 4 hours to kill lets go see a movie. The day was crowned off with us looking to see Transformers 2 and the only film fitting in time wise being Harry Potter. So two grown men go to see Harry potter with a bunch of kids.

So in the space of two days I managed to get very little sleep, drive a large distance, spend a fortune of money, leave two cars including the supe at a garage in England i dont know and not have the car ready. To say that on Thursday i was at breaking point was an understatement!

Me and Ryan looked to see if we could do anything on the Saturday but it wasnt going to happen so I wont be able to run. We've re-organised so that i can run at Suprapod.

I just want to apologise to everyone, especially Brain, for not being able to compete. All the guys up here have worked extremely hard to get teh car ready and to be defeated in the manner we were is absolutely gutting.

I'm just leaving now to head down and spectate and give some support to Matt and Dude, but i'll likely be an unhappy chappy.

Thanks

G

Dude's just switched wheels for some road tyres and is off for a top speed run now that's open.

Handling circuit was fun to watch - dude got the best finish award :D

There was a dry spell earlier and it's looking like drying up again - just spitting down a little rain just now.

Dude's just switched wheels for some road tyres and is off for a top speed run now that's open.

What was his run?

Handling circuit was fun to watch - dude got the best finish award :D

Well done Dude :trophy:

Hope someone is filming the action :eyebrows: & the weather improves for your runs this afternoon.

Keep us informed of the progress ;)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)