The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB8 (2009) - Sunday 26th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

I would love to go, attended SS0 last year as well, however the competition is pretty fierce for TOTB spaces so couldn't make it there last year.. Also tried entering into "Fighting Torque" They accepted the Z3M entry, however didn't get back to us about the STI for some reason :(

Also may enter in the 30-130 event upcoming at RAF Marham in march...

So quite a few events hopefully this year :)

So far have the following ready:

T72 Turbo kit

AEM

1000CC Injectors

WHIFBITZ Race Heads

HKS Triple plate

HKS Fuel rail

Aeromotive FPR

Braided hoses

AEM Water/Meth kit

HKS DLI

AEM 3.5 Bar map sensor

Tein Coilovers

Bosh 044

HKS Cam Pulleys

Probably missed some stuff out, but that's all I can remember for now.

The above is all sitting stored away, gonna be getting a decent 3 row, 272's, maybe intake, and possibly prepare a stroker on the side just in case the engine has enough.

Should be booking in with Whifbitz once the car docks in a couple of weeks...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep to give the places fairly it's good to have proven timeslips to go on for the more drag focussed cars in case we have a flood of people wanting to run... however as Ian has said it's all too frequent having a bunch of 'flight of fancy' cars that promise the earth but deliver smoke and mirrors...

Last year we were struggling for numbers but the year before we were oversubscribed IIRC but in both cases those who actually showed up and ran was less than promised.

Cheers,

Brian.

i Wonder if Stu AKA Knightrider will have his Drag Monster Ready for this one?

Now that should put down some decent times but IIRC it's tubbed out so would go in the special class rather than be part of the main competition :(

well ill be the first then ....cant drive for toffee asual, ill try and drag jay along aswel.

Sweet :D Now add to the list in the right format... you know the drill! :p

Be good to see you both running again... if anything you should gun for top speed honours if you're not hooking up well at drag given Supras seem natural at it and you both have decent power! :)

Maybe a set of the MT DR's to help with the traction?!?

Cheers,

Brian.

sadly that is beyond the realms of possibility with that event. The cars there are 10sec minimum, with some in to the 9s. If Ryan focused on drag with his new car he may stand a chance but they have sort of crippled the RWD cars with the tyre rules. You need 4wd to win the event.

Can be a nice day out though. I wonder if Dude will be able to run? He added an element of the unknown.

We do intend to run this year dude, i'll leave Matt to sort all that out though,:taped:

Hey don't mind throwing my name into the hat if you are struggling to fill places with my new setup :) Would be fun to be Michels wing man and get a closer view of him missing gear changes as he goes up the strip :D

As soon as it warms up a bit I'll go and have a practice as Elvington :) and I'm also happy to step aside to more worthy cars/people and just be a spectator again like the last couple of years :)

I would recommend to anyone that wasn't there last year I would really check your cooling as the heat was killing the cars last year.

1. Michel lane - sp74dbb / fully built unit,baby seat, 6sp (700hp)

2. Rob Wild - PHR Stage1 / ML uprated box (550HP)

Will be good to see you back competing John :)

You gonna run a proper drag auto setup and take it to the MR2 boys first and foremost?!? :eyebrows:

Do have plans to build a drag only car but TOTB will be all 3 events not just the drag section. Matt wants a REALLY quick drag car but that wont run until 2010.:p

Do have plans to build a drag only car but TOTB will be all 3 events not just the drag section. Matt wants a REALLY quick drag car but that wont run until 2010.:p

Hi Dude,

Drag is still the main feature of the event. The really big power cars are there for drag racing and thats what most people watch. They tried to play with the scoring to make it more all round but still the drag cars win as they can get best 1/4, top speed and overall class winner, where with the track they can only get best in class.

JB

Hey don't mind throwing my name into the hat if you are struggling to fill places with my new setup :) Would be fun to be Michels wing man and get a closer view of him missing gear changes as he goes up the strip :D

As soon as it warms up a bit I'll go and have a practice as Elvington :) and I'm also happy to step aside to more worthy cars/people and just be a spectator again like the last couple of years :)

I would recommend to anyone that wasn't there last year I would really check your cooling as the heat was killing the cars last year.

1. Michel lane - sp74dbb / fully built unit,baby seat, 6sp (700hp)

2. Rob Wild - PHR Stage1 / ML uprated box (550HP)

Great to have you in the team at last Rob - your setup should lend itself well to drag if you do the race fuel and MT DR's ;)

I should think you'll be on for a mid to low 11 at Elvington like that going by your power level if you can hook up a decent launch on the less than ideal surface.

On the subject of cooling - absolutely. Make sure your cars have decent coolant in that's fresh and if your radiator is marginal on a hot day get it replaced with an uprated unit. I'd say anyone running a FMIC with a standard Toyota rad will have cooling issues running at Elvington and will be risking their cars with the heat.

Again - and I can't stress this enough! - running race fuel will help with the heat by ensuring a cooler, more det resistant burn... meaning less of a strain on your cooling system.

Everyone who wants to run and has posted to say so please add your name to the list in the correct format as per the first post in this thread as Rob has done.

Cheers,

Brian.

I think Jake ran what is now my Supra in the top seed run (only?) one previous year??

Jake ran yours in the 1/4 too IIRC but the times weren't great - think he said he was struggling with the clutch on the day?!? I remember his 1/4 terminal speeds were pretty high but 60fts were slow so there was potential if he could have nailed the launch. Decent tyres as per my last post will help no end with that!
I did just one top speed run but they take the ¼ time from that as well. I did zero actual quarters.

As Brian said, I got a really bad start and bogged down, had to dip the clutch and relaunch, so my 60' time was pathetic (about 2.8 iirc) - the 130.0 mph terminal speed was still good though.

With a better driver than me doing the launch I'm confident the car could trap 135mph+

With a better driver than me doing the launch I'm confident the car could trap 135mph+

All other things being equal, the car certainly has potential to perform even better now due to the extra low down grunt form the change of ECU + VVTi wizardry.

Is 130~135mph good, should I enter?? :eyebrows:

Great to have you in the team at last Rob - your setup should lend itself well to drag if you do the race fuel and MT DR's ;)

I should think you'll be on for a mid to low 11 at Elvington like that going by your power level if you can hook up a decent launch on the less than ideal surface.

On the subject of cooling - absolutely. Make sure your cars have decent coolant in that's fresh and if your radiator is marginal on a hot day get it replaced with an uprated unit. I'd say anyone running a FMIC with a standard Toyota rad will have cooling issues running at Elvington and will be risking their cars with the heat.

Again - and I can't stress this enough! - running race fuel will help with the heat by ensuring a cooler, more det resistant burn... meaning less of a strain on your cooling system.

Everyone who wants to run and has posted to say so please add your name to the list in the correct format as per the first post in this thread as Rob has done.

Cheers,

Brian.

Cheers Brain :) Was thinking it should be good for drag and top speed not sure about the handling circuit just because of the autobox. I'm hoping for around 11's I know Robbie ran 10's using a BL box + 4000 stall :blink:

Michels fitting an oil cooler and a extra fan to the back of one of my tranny coolers, as well as ducting the FMIC properly. I'm going to see about getting some oil temp dials etc in their as well :)

Im going to start hunting round for MT's and wheels :) and get some practice in once the cars back :)

If I do ok can I have my trophy back? :D ;)

I wonder if Dude will be able to run? He added an element of the unknown.

I personally favour handling and track events, but Dude and I have briefly discussed TOTB for this year and unsurprisingly he's very keen :D We've had a delay getting Dude to AFR but he will be with us from 1st week in March. Doesn't leave a lot of time so I'm certainly not going to put my name down yet ! But if it's doable then we may well compete :)

• 2 weeks later...
I personally favour handling and track events, but Dude and I have briefly discussed TOTB for this year and unsurprisingly he's very keen :D We've had a delay getting Dude to AFR but he will be with us from 1st week in March. Doesn't leave a lot of time so I'm certainly not going to put my name down yet ! But if it's doable then we may well compete :)

Hell if needs be i'll do it without the car, would prob still be quicker than some!!!!:taped::p