The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB8 (2009) - Sunday 26th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

to those we have confirmed - can you get your entry forms with payment in to chris mann / totb asap and post up here to say yours is in so we can keep track with chris. mark your team as 'mkivsupra.net' on the entry form.

brain - quick question on the entry form. I take it we are the "supras" club? Nice and specific there.

:D

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, your a funny man :p

Our first test without the baffle was 112, we put it in and did 107 then we finally managed to get it passed by a little help from Chris Mann ;)

ok...so need to line up an alternative for it then....darn it.

Will work on that one. If a post goes up on Monday of "supra missing aftermarket exhuast" you know it was me. ;)

ok...so need to line up an alternative for it then....darn it.

Will work on that one. If a post goes up on Monday of "supra missing aftermarket exhuast" you know it was me. ;)

I would use an exhaust that's quiet enough to pass the noise tests without a baffle so you don't get baffle stickered.

If said other exhaust is somewhat restrictive, I'm sure it could be classed as defective and replaced with something else during the day... something less restrictive but noise compliant of course ;)

You need a driver? :eyebrows:

I would use an exhaust that's quiet enough to pass the noise tests without a baffle so you don't get baffle stickered.

If said other exhaust is somewhat restrictive, I'm sure it could be classed as defective and replaced with something else during the day... something less restrictive but noise compliant of course ;)

You need a driver? :eyebrows:

I'm planning on going for the stig-esque clothing attire as i have a few people who "want a shot"....just not sure how we'll be able to explain about a 6 inch change in height! :D

Hey Brian I've had a few health 'issues' recently and been in and out of hospital over the last couple of months! Sort of forgot about this tbh :( Also not had anytime to practice, well been to ill to even drive the car :(

Anyway sort of feeling better! I'm still up for this but wondering if you have an contacts over buying / borrowing / renting :D some rear drag radials?

I'm going to sort out the race fuel and get that delivered. Also completed the form last night so will send that to Chris next week.

Cheers

Rob

Competition Tyres:

http://www.laracingparts.com/

http://laracingparts.com/acatalog/Mickey_Thompson_E_T__Street_Radial_Tires.html (275/40/17 will fit on UK spec rear rims, 255/50/16 should fit on J spec rear rims)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+Drag+Radial (You can get these from here via Dusty @ MVP, this model is new and basically is easier to use with less burnout being required to get them up to temp)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+Drag+Radial+2 (As above for ordering, these are the originals previously called 'Pro Comp T/A' and require a bit of heating up to hook up well)

Hope this helps guys.... get ordering :)

Hi Rob, good to see you back and feeling better!

My above 'advice for team entrants' blurb on tyres applies - given the timescales LA Racing parts might be your best bet for a set of Mickey T's as they're in the UK.

You vs. Gruggs should be interesting given similar spec but laggier more powerful turbo vs. quicker spooling less powerful turbo. I'd say it's absolutely all in the launch for you! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

My above 'advice for team entrants' blurb on tyres applies - given the timescales LA Racing parts might be your best bet for a set of Mickey T's as they're in the UK.

Brian.

Cheers yeah I'll have a look at those but need wheels as well. Might put a post up in the wanted section :)

You vs. Gruggs should be interesting given similar spec but laggier more powerful turbo vs. quicker spooling less powerful turbo. I'd say it's absolutely all in the launch for you! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Yeah will be interesting :cool: Although not overall confident at this point have to start driving it again :D :innocent:

Cheers yeah I'll have a look at those but need wheels as well. Might put a post up in the wanted section :)

Yeah will be interesting :cool: Although not overall confident at this point have to start driving it again :D :innocent:

Rob - i've got 4 rx7 alloys for my drag radials. Need to get some new tyres but happy to lend you a pair of the alloys if you need some wheels.

Cheers

G

Rob - i've got 4 rx7 alloys for my drag radials. Need to get some new tyres but happy to lend you a pair of the alloys if you need some wheels.

Cheers

G

Cheers mate thats very nice of you :thumbs: I might have some leads on a set of drag wheels and tyres.

I'll let you know shortly! Cheers again :)

Guest emicen

Before he starts making his own excuses, Gruggs' supra went under the spanner at the end of Sept 2006. It'll be an achievement if he remembers which pedal to press lol.

Before he starts making his own excuses, Gruggs' supra went under the spanner at the end of Sept 2006. It'll be an achievement if he remembers which pedal to press lol.

Its only got two pedals! 50/50 chance.

well only really one as the line lock is there.

less of your cheek boy or i'll remove you weight reduction privileges on the track car. :D

G

For Peoples Info - we currently have 5 cars in the "project" status between us. we like a project we do, just not completing them!

Edited by Gruggs (see edit history)

Had to get recovered today :( driving quite normally then as i set off :innocent: there was a bang and a grinding noise :( Got the car recovered and they though it might be the box :blink: however on closer inspection they think the diff may have pop :blink::(

Can't believe after spending all that money WI, tyre's, race fuel etc

Going to see if I can get it repaired but have to see :(

entry form is away with the cheque.

its a last minute dash but we are going for it.

Few things to sort out but if everything goes to plan we should be ok.

Major issue is the exhaust..going to sort that this week.

Cheers

G

Will still try to get up and support though! :)

Be good to have you up there mate :)

sorry i have to bail out , i cant get the exhaust noise below 102db and my 2nd gear sync has just gone today , its going to cost to much to get it running for the event and i really dont have the time at the moment for this. who knows , i having a bad day today.

Be a real shame mate, hopefully tomorrow is another day and you change your mind ???

Fingers crossed :)

Less negativity boys - still plenty of time to get shit sorted out in time!! :)

The diff is an easy enough fix Rob, gruggs good to hear you're looking like running and have your entry form in, michel the exhaust got through last year - surely it'll be alright on the day?

Everyone get your entries / payment in asap and let me know.

Cheers,

Brian.

well our entry forms gone off!!!:blink::eyebrows:

My daughter is now giving me grief about not wearing a firesuit!!!!

I dont want to buy one cause I have lost 2 stone since starting at AFR and don't want to waste my money on something that wont fit when i put it back on, has anyone got one I can borrow to keep her happy, I always promised I would never ride without leathers and one of the few times i did I managed to write a Hyabusa and a fiat off and take my knee right down to the bone:blink: