The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

We’ve just done a sponsorship deal with Cobra Seats for a pair of Cobra Evolution Pro FIA approved seats. I’ll be fitting them with fixed side mounts this time as opposed to the heavy sliding frames I used to use. As the car is in the Time Attack Pro Class now this is one of the modifications I had to make to comply with the current regulations.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mmm they look .... tight :D

Diet starts now hey Paul? You booked Oulton yet? Or you waiting for exact confirmation on the tyre front?

Are you saying I'm fat?! Haven't booked anything, dont have to yet and yes we are waiting on whats happening on the tyre front. At the moment as far as I'm aware they want to use Pirelli P Zero road tyres, which to be honest I'm not happy about at all. Trofeo is the one we want to use, that looks like a proper tyre that does.

Are you saying I'm fat?! Haven't booked anything, dont have to yet and yes we are waiting on whats happening on the tyre front. At the moment as far as I'm aware they want to use Pirelli P Zero road tyres, which to be honest I'm not happy about at all. Trofeo is the one we want to use, that looks like a proper tyre that does.

LOL, i guess I wont be getting an passenger rides as I deffo wont fit in them ;)

Going by the forum I recon we will be using the P Zero or a Corsa version. Will be very luck if its the Trofeo but I do agree it looks like a mint tyre.

Will be very luck if its the Trofeo but I do agree it looks like a mint tyre.

Still a road legal tyre too, not available in 17" though sadly :(

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/motorsport/sheet/pzero_trofeo.html

Specific for racetrack driving, it is approved for road use, enabling travel to the track. In the event of very wet asphalt, with the risk of aquaplaning, prudent driving at reduced speed is recommended.

LOL, i guess I wont be getting an passenger rides as I deffo wont fit in them ;)

Going by the forum I recon we will be using the P Zero or a Corsa version. Will be very luck if its the Trofeo but I do agree it looks like a mint tyre.

Unless they come out with a load of new tyre sizes for the Corsa or Trofeo I reckon they will be using the basic P Zero.

AFAIK they discontinued the p-Zero Corsa range at the end of the summer 2010. They just sell new Trofeos now. I am awaiting trying some, or comparing lap times on cars that used to use the Corsas. What they DON'T tell you is the Trofeo uses a low carbon black compound to appease the Greens as the stuff is not friendly to the environment for some reason. Like many environmentally unfriendly stuff like asbestos, weedkillers and carbon black the friendly replacement probably doesn't work as well :(

AFAIK they discontinued the p-Zero Corsa range at the end of the summer 2010. They just sell new Trofeos now. I am awaiting trying some, or comparing lap times on cars that used to use the Corsas. What they DON'T tell you is the Trofeo uses a low carbon black compound to appease the Greens as the stuff is not friendly to the environment for some reason. Like many environmentally unfriendly stuff like asbestos, weedkillers and carbon black the friendly replacement probably doesn't work as well :(

Have you tried the normal run of the mill P Zero's Chris?

• 1 month later...

Small update.

My new Cobra Evolution Pro seats arrived today and will be getting straight to work fitting them later this week. I will be using Cobra’s own side mounts in conjuction with my own floor mounts so they are mounted as low as possible to keep the centre of gravity nice and low.

Cant wait to blow the cob webs off, haven't used the car since October!

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/cobraevolutionseats.jpg

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/cobraevolutionseats2.jpg