Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this due to the tyre issues?

You could come and do a Sprint on Sunday.. ;)

Its the main reason yes.

We were thinking about doing the Toyota Sprint Series but I'm pretty sure we are doing Eurosaloons http://www.eurosaloons.co.uk/ which is a full on race series, 12 rounds around the country. It will probably be just Steve L for the moment, I may dip my toe in for a few rounds here and there though.

Would be interesting to see you "desimate all" in the Toyota sprint series :) or would you not be allowed to enter because your too pro? :)

We would be allowed but I dont think we would beat the Celica's, they are seriously quick and I dont think we would stand a chance unless there are long straights!

What have they done to the tyres now, I know they were looking at a different brand, it was bad enough when they changed it so you could only purchase your R888 direct from them :(

At the end of 2010 Toyo pulled out of the motorsport in the UK so Time Attack signed a deal with Pirelli. Which we thought would be great until we found out they will be using road tyres. We would have had to run on P Zero front and P Zero Corsa rear, so not only are they road tyres but also different treads front to rear plus they are more expensive that the Toyo's.

At the end of 2010 Toyo pulled out of the motorsport in the UK so Time Attack signed a deal with Pirelli. Which we thought would be great until we found out they will be using road tyres. We would have had to run on P Zero front and P Zero Corsa rear, so not only are they road tyres but also different treads front to rear plus they are more expensive that the Toyo's.

:blink::blink: Shocking

Its the main reason yes.

We were thinking about doing the Toyota Sprint Series but I'm pretty sure we are doing Eurosaloons http://www.eurosaloons.co.uk/ which is a full on race series, 12 rounds around the country. It will probably be just Steve L for the moment, I may dip my toe in for a few rounds here and there though.

Well the best of luck with whatever you decide to turn your attention to Paul. You may find the close quarter action of a full-on race series far more rewarding so look on it as a positive step, for now at least.

:blink::blink: Shocking

Totally agree.

• 2 months later...