The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pah don't listen to the nasty bully boys. I had 474 bhp out of my bone stock tubbies and with 440 cc injectors :p That was also at 1.15 bar :D Funny how my T67 single turbo now only makes 20 bhp more ??? Don't get it

offtopic... Was your old motor Roy's one? It was so long ago can't recall.

Agree with you and can't understand why people would go for a T67 to get only 500bhp. Better to get a smaller single like a T61 and run it at decent boost to get all that mid range and keep power at 500-520 bhp.

the funniest thing is i was wondering what it be like to join this club but never got round to it due to thinking it be boring BOY was i wrong this is great and hopefuly when i prove this i wont get banned

You won't get banned unless you break the rules or act like a tw*t :D I still don't see anyway you'd get the figures you claim, but there's no problem with discussing it here.

BTW, you only have 9 posts left until you have to pay the fee to join.

I admire you for coming on here to defend your car but I hope the penny has dropped now that the members on here have quite a bit of experience with these cars and many of them has stuck with the stock twin set up and worked with this to extract the very best power figures (dyno proven) and I think high 400's is the best we have seen.

To this point there is no way in the world your car is making 500bhp at 1.1 bar let alone 650

I am sure your car feels fast, but have you every been in a single turbo Supra

Your actually doing yourself out of a sale, it looks an ok car that with some work (lack of fan shroud sticks out for a start) could be a good starting point for someone, some poor sod is going to buy this and come on here telling us about their 650 bhp then after being told no way, they will dyno it and see 400 ish and be coming back to you for a refund !

there is alot of valuable info to be got from here. There is a certain sense of humour which you will eventually love. You can understand why we are bit unsure about your claim. But if you prove us wrong then people will hold their hands up and eat humble pie.

Posted via Mobile Device

mine is j spec and bpu and has just had Greddy fmic fitted as side mount was fubar.it will be on RR tomorrow and should make around 380/400 bhp max. if i wanted more i would

need to go single and have very very deep pockets.:senile:

I had deep pockets too and if you can only go up to 400 BHP with twins you seriously need to talk to this guy we could get 400 easily without a single turbo i cant understand why you cant

I had deep pockets too and if you can only go up to 400 BHP with twins you seriously need to talk to this guy we could get 400 easily without a single turbo i cant understand why you cant

I want the engine to last longer than a week so it will done on the safe side.:)

mate did you take my advise and join the forum because of the email i sent you through ebay?

honestly you need to be clued up. i joined the forum all proud of my TT thinking i was a top dog and wanted to go single and basically be a big boy, sadly and bloody thankfully Homer smashed me into place, making me realise how important it is to know what the hell your chatting about and actually learn whats going on in your car, only then does everything make sense. if it wasnt for him i would have ended up buying stupid mods, claimed to be running 700hp and be taken for a fool. he told me to relax, get involved in the forum and then i will know what to do when im ready for upgrades. the advise seriously paid off. i have stage 3 hybrids and they wont even make anywhere near 600hp, yes i have a fast car and yes it may feel like it has 500hp but sadly it doesnt and 400hp is powerful enough.....

how can u come into this forum and try and tell people who have been moding supra for years and no supra engines better than the back of there own hand that there wrong do you not think they have tryed everything to get the most out of twins befor going single coming on to this forum was the best thing i ever done to find out how supras work and the things i have found out from these guys most tuners dont no who have had alot of experence with turbo cars please! please! listen you have been ripped of here try and sort your ebay add out and u might get a good honest sale and a half desent price for u car! there thats my 2 pennys worth

You say they tried everything to the twins but yet nobody has said they have done the wastegate in this way and upgraded the stock twins.... so how can you compare it

The wastegate mod won't make any difference to peak power, it's only done to help keep the boost down on jspec turbo's, including jspec hybrid turbo's (the stock wastegate is too small to do it, which without exhaust restriction has runaway boost - i.e. 1.7bar which means engine melt down on stock injectors).

Additionally, this has been done before by one of the members here on the Skunk2 car