The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500BHP is technically possible on hybrids, I believe Terry S' old hybrids just made 500, but that was rather special.

You'll not see anywhere near 650bhp on hybrid stockers.

I was thinking that. Technically he could get close to 500bhp on hybrids, but yes that would still be unlikely. I think a figure of around 420 - 450 maybe:search:

But if the car is not tuned to the 650bhp, just the 500, surely a dyno wont prove much towards the claim of 650bhp.

And i am wrong about where exactly the turbos went to be upgraded. I originally said Germany... thinking thats where they went... which is where they were going to go but ended up going to CR turbos but the upgrade is still the same just the location is wrong

It is easy to mix countries up to be fair. I once booked a holiday in France, but spent 2 weeks in Peckham :)

So far a I'm aware, the absolute largest compressor turbine that can be accommodated in the machined std TT compressor housing is a moddedT28, and I'm dam sure that the exhaust turbine cannot be fitted due to the TT exhaust housing size, it can't be opened out enough.

So having run hybrids which where to a similar spec, i am dam sure that without cams and even with the magic external waste gate, its only likely to make 430BHP max, and a possible 460BHP with something like HKS 256/264 cams, even if it was mapped by Ryan himself.

It is currently running around 500BHP as stated ...

This is the bit you need to be careful of mate - either you've been told this figure by your tuner friend or you know it for a fact. Don't take someone else's comment as fact unless you've got the proof to back it up, you just end up with egg on your face. I do agree you've never stated it's running 650 but again you've quoted figures from other people (who you paid good money to) who have told you it 'could'. Could and do are 2 different worlds.

As I said before, you've obviously spent a load of money sorting the car out and you'd really want it to be producing good figures for that amount of cash - my advice would be don't keep getting pulled into this scrap - get it on a dyno and then you'll know exactly which corner you're fighting in. Then post it on here but be prepared to chew on Mommas Humble Pie (and through no fault of your own except quoting other people's claims). Good luck.

Remember too, if the figures are a dissapointment to you there are many people on here who can help you achieve the figures you want. And if you do want more work doing there are some trusted traders/members who can do that for you:)

And dont worry about the distance, it will always be worth it for quality work as proved many times:)

My guess is 380BHP and that his car does not have hybrids - just stockers.

Let's face it guys, if this so-called tuner is going to bluff his ticket on the BHP then there is every chance that he will take the pi$$ on the mods too.

380 BHP:Pling:

It has been known hasn't it:(