The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

how about you get someone to come see it. I dont mind meeting up. Find someone close to me ill meet em half way. And id still like you to find someone whos done this to the twins. Im near Neath

Id like Kylie to start returning my calls, but back here in the real world...

Until you tell us what this miracle conversion entails, we wont find anyone.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind asking myself why its not been done. Ask any mod company have they tried this and im sure i know the answer. And ask them have they ever fitted a tial wastegate system to a stock twin turbo supra. And as for being mehanically minded no i aint....Do you need to be to upgrade your car, not like im doing it ???? This guy is willing to carry on the maintenance and tuning of this car so why the heck would we lie. We know what weve done. The figure 500BHP comes from racing other 500 bhp cars and comfortably winning on a the basic program with the car running at 1.1/1.2 bar boost. It can be turned up to 650 BHP whether people like or not. tell a 650bhp owner or there abouts to come and see andi will prove this

Never mind asking myself why its not been done. Ask any mod company have they tried this and im sure i know the answer. And ask them have they ever fitted a tial wastegate system to a stock twin turbo supra. And as for being mehanically minded no i aint....Do you need to be to upgrade your car, not like im doing it ???? This guy is willing to carry on the maintenance and tuning of this car so why the heck would we lie. We know what weve done. The figure 500BHP comes from racing other 500 bhp cars and comfortably winning on a the basic program with the car running at 1.1/1.2 bar boost. It can be turned up to 650 BHP whether people like or not. tell a 650bhp owner or there abouts to come and see andi will prove this

Wake up and smell the coffee.;)

You cant run 650 bhp on 440cc injectors fact.They wont flow anywhere near enough fuel.:rolleyes:

Dear Supra10000

Just to get myself up to speed- are you the owner of this car?

they are 850 cc as stated

Ok,the turbo system on the car is too restrictive to flow over 550hp due to bottlenecking on the pipework and the size of the turbine housings as well as other limiting stuff.

Why dont you come to santa pod and race against a proven 500hp single turbo supra.I think I know which would win.........;)

Edited by Rich (see edit history)

I'm quite interested in your conversion,

Can you ask your tuner what he did to the stock wastegate? It's an integral part of the turbo housing that you're still using.

Does the external wastegate vent to air or does it recirculate into the exhaust?

Oddly enough, I know quite a lot of people at Renault and Toyota. What's his name?

You mention that the 500 BHP figure came from racing other people, how do you know they've got 500 BHP? Unfortunately nowadays every Saxo you see in the street "has 500 bhp - innit" if you see what I mean!

The last time i put this car on ebay i got a load of people saying that it could not get 1.5 bar boost on the ceramic turbos they would simply fall to bits. So tell me why the car lasted about 9 months running it like that at 1.5 bar on ceramic stocks???

When we were doing the wastegate fitting to the car we obviously had the turbos off the car and noticed the bearings were feeling loose in the turbos but the car was still working fine. But rather than fit them and wait for them to blow we decided to recon them. When my tuner spoke with many diffrent companys including cj turbos and Essex turbos they stated that a recon was about £1000 but said if i wanted the middles could be bored out and larger impellars and stailess steel inserts could be added taking the turbo potential to 650 BHP. We are now having no problems currently racing cars at 500 BHP + and winning and thats at 1.1 bar it can be increased to 1.5 bar.

I'd like to see this kept open.

While I think I know the outcome it would be nice if supra10000 was found to be in the right.

It's not going to happen though but that doesn't mean you all have to be so bloody rude about it.

Supra10000,

Please explain exactly what 'it' is and, other forum members, please then explain why it's wrong. Nicely.