The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

This thread is pointless until someone does what i suggest, go around with your big single, line them up and see how it goes? Surely if some of our Welsh memebrs can do that then the debate is settled for once and for all, rather than a continued slanging match. I am sure someone could make the visit soon. I'd do it only I am too far away.

Yes find them cheers

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is pointless until someone does what i suggest, go around with your big single, line them up and see how it goes? Surely if some of our Welsh memebrs can do that then the debate is settled for once and for all, rather than a continued slanging match. I am sure someone could make the visit soon. I'd do it only I am too far away.

Why should someone want to do that?

To help him sell his car?

Marty is Welsh, big single

Ban me for what theres a guy further up the topic stating he was getting way over 400 with stock tubbies and he aint done the wastegate even

Erm yeah I was sucked in as well dude. I was handed a dyno from a well known establishment and told it was worth 474 bhp. 395 bhp at the hubs. I will not deny right that the car was fantastically quick. In dudes own words (a very well respected tuner in these parts) "thats not shy is it". I would say that my car was as fast as most that had hybrids on trying to run 1.3-1.5 bar. I'd also go as far as saying given myself as the driver of both cars at the same time I'd be hard pushed to beat my old car in my new one because it would get in front of me whilst I was waiting for spool up, and once in front I'd not be able to get past myself very easily.

I don't think anyone here will say your car is slow chap. There are different levels of fast though. Different levels of driving as well. When mine opens up its insane, porsche 911 gt3's don't even stand a chance. Racing on tracks is really the only proof, road racing is a mugs game and proves only that one driver is more reckless than another.

A street race as well as being dangerous will be pointless in this weather, my single would just spin the wheels in the first 3/4 gears on the roads at the moment and I could be beat by almost anything that has traction, but you are talking BHP in you add and that can only be PROVEN at a dyno, and your car will not make 500 at Surrey RR, that I am 100% convinced about

'I had a poor start'

'My Wastegate isnt dialled in for racing this week'

'My race fuel is off'

'My race map is wrong'

etc

i think what it comes down to is that you have trusted someone who claims to know what they are doing with something thats not really been done and they have made outrageous claims without proof and you believed them. You're not the 1st and wont be the last. Its nothing to be ashamed about.

Posted via Mobile Device

The problem i foresee when it's been on a RR or dino is the debate that will follow regarding ho true the figures are ;)

More than one thread about this has been shot down saying machine isn't calibrated, false reading etc.

Perhaps it will need to be done at Surrey RR with Ryan present and other club members in attendance :innocent:

This much is true to a point, most of the 'reliable' figures we use here are taken from SRR, other dyno's can seem to produce results 100 or more BHP more for the same car (One of Jakes old ones was a good exampkle after being to Thor and SRR).

Anyway, supra10000 won't be able to post in a few hours unless he joins up.

What a thread Martin just a quick one when your back on tomorrow, How much did all the turbo mods cost you is it worth doing it your way or more expensive than say going single which would cost you 5K with all other supporting mods done first eg: intercooler, injectors, fueling, filter, boost controller, ecu.

I did try to get as much as i could out of my j-spec turbos and from the very dependable people on here single has always been the route to go for 500 plus hp, I got 435hp at the fly wheel on std turbos but that was pushing them to there limit nearly 1.3 bar.Very intrested in this as it would be a massive change in tuning to come if it was cheaper!!;)

I put my BPU(400bhp) car against a CLS 55AMG and there was nothing in it, I now have 570 BHP and can not get in front of an R1 with a good rider.

I'm just confused as Supra10000 appears to be saying that it is easier to out accelare an R1 than it is a Merc.

Don't get me wrong Hybrid cars are fast, just not THAT fast IMHO.

The car is being booked today for a rolling road test at interpro if they answer the phone sometime next week and the car has gone to the tuners to get it ready....Theres been so much debate about it i started doubting things myself but i am still being assured it will reach well over 600 BHP at the flywheel by my tuner so lets give him a chance ehh. What if hes right ???? What will the topic go onto then. like u said this mod has only been done a few times with the wastegate so the guy surely knows what hes doing.

Martin

The car is being booked today for a rolling road test at interpro if they answer the phone sometime next week and the car has gone to the tuners to get it ready....Theres been so much debate about it i started doubting things myself but i am still being assured it will reach well over 600 BHP at the flywheel by my tuner so lets give him a chance ehh. What if hes right ???? What will the topic go onto then. like u said this mod has only been done a few times with the wastegate so the guy surely knows what hes doing.

Martin

If the car hit 600hp then hats off to you,a lot of people would owe you an apology.But its extremely doubtful!;)

This much is true to a point, most of the 'reliable' figures we use here are taken from SRR, other dyno's can seem to produce results 100 or more BHP more for the same car (One of Jakes old ones was a good exampkle after being to Thor and SRR).

Anyway, supra10000 won't be able to post in a few hours unless he joins up.

I joined this morning im loving this

I hope for you and your tuners sake he is right with his estimates :)

What if it doesn't make the figures :( any thoughts what your actions will be?

If it doesnt make the figures you guys be the first to know and i will put my hand up and say i shoulda listened to you guys. But as i said he is very confident. We will see