Nurburgring trip 2009 (23-29 July)

little num

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i ordered some Hawk HP++ (race pads) but when they arrived i fitted them and seemed ok until i read the box they are road pads and will burn into nothing when give them some stick lol, person i bought them off didnt realise he sent the wrongs ones so i have now gotto try and get some race pads before we go as i have no pads in there at all, i have just ordered a set or porterfield from paul but they are not instock but should (hope) they arrive in time.

what endless you have sss - ccx, if its the sss they might fade under heat, what about brake line's you need braided or they will be the first thing to stop you braking hard.

Yes they are ccx pads and I am fitting the braided lines next weekend ;)

Just had an idea today, How about us having a strip across the windsceen saying Mkivsupra.net Ring09 j1mb0b1. And so on with each of us having our member names on the windscreen maybe have the supra logo as is on our T shirts aswell ?, There is a place down road from me that can do these at good price not much at all.

I went last year in my Impreza and we had this on the windscreen, We also had the little British flag that you can see on the right handside of the window.

http://www.racepicture.de/galerie/albums/Nuerburgring/2008/Touristenfahrten/20080706/Autos/Touris018520080706.JPG

I'am in the passenger seat in that pic as I let my friend have a lap :)

Let me no what you think guys could have them made up !!!

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

Hell they seem even more strict than last year, what with henk getting banned for his wheel nearly falling off and me getting a ban for speeding, better me on our best behavour guy`s;), oh also i like the skyline forum background being dark, its really easy on the eyes don`t you think.

There is this nice bar in nurburg village with some good outdoor seating, If the weathers nice you can just sit there all night drinking watching all the nice motors drive past its so cool :)

I carn't wait only 3 weeks now :D

Ah cr@p my valve stem

Seals have just give way big time, don't have the money to pay to get it fixed so unless I do it myself don't look like I'am going to be coming. I don't have a clue what Iam doing but I am going to get cracking with it this week see how we go on, Ric off here is going to help me so wish me luck :)

ill sort out all the info when it gets abit closer, i will do a list of every 1's numbers who are going and also postcode's to ashford and edgars, dont forget to get some decent walkie's so we can chat away on the way lol.

be like drivin in america! 10 4!! :D

Ah cr@p my valve stem

Seals have just give way big time, don't have the money to pay to get it fixed so unless I do it myself don't look like I'am going to be coming. I don't have a clue what Iam doing but I am going to get cracking with it this week see how we go on, Ric off here is going to help me so wish me luck :)

dude like i said in your thread, if you have overfilled the oil empty it and then fill it up again to the the maxiumum line on the dipstick! but if your gonna tackle the stem seals and you have no idea what your doing then i suggest gettin help of someone who knows what there doing! if you mess up bad things will happen!

Yeah I have not started the car yet iam

Going to do a full oil change then

Look at doing the valve stem

Seals Ric has done his before so has a bit of an idea, we are going to take it slow and make sure we don't feck nothing up :)

I over filled mine and then did a trackday at donnington, within 3 laps my ssbv was blowing oil out, i pulled in and drained about a litre off, seemed ok for about 20 mins then i came in for some fuel and noticed i had a pool of oil under the car, as i reversed to see what was going on it followed me back, putting 2 much oil in had also blown the front crank seal and had put more pressure on the pump, since this i had to change the oil pump and thats not a nice job.