The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring trip 2009 (23-29 July)

little num

As long as you're not going to be dissapointed, going in that bus/tank of yours big guy. :)

You should definitely lap in it. Does it have a 'sport' mode for the suspension? Body roll in things that high scares the crp out of me!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never did tell you guys about the test drive before I bought the ML55.

My friend Duncan came to check the car / engine over (He's a Senior Technician at McLaren Mercedes) he's really embarrased about the video they uploaded (Top right: http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/interactive/video.php )

So 1/2 way through the test drive Duncan got behind the wheel and started driving HARD, we approached a roundabout and, unbeknownst to me, he turned off the ESP.....

He 4 wheel drifted the ML round the roundabout with me seeing asphalt through the passenger window!

Needless to say I screamed like a little girl and in a nearby layby he got out and we swapped places saying "Yep, good quality car mate...."

• 2 weeks later...

T-shirts on order and will arrive by friday the 5th june so will take pics to show you how they turned out, people who are going to Llandow can pay then if they can as i dont want lots of UK money on me while we are in germany.

£14 each so not bad, with the amount of writing ive had.

T-shirts on order and will arrive by friday the 5th june so will take pics to show you how they turned out, people who are going to Llandow can pay then if they can as i dont want lots of UK money on me while we are in germany.

£14 each so not bad, with the amount of writing ive had.

Wow this thread has moved on a bit since I last looked at it :)

Looking forward to this.

Llandow for me dude, thats a bargin price.

Is there any space for an extra Supra to come along ? :)

I'am not sure if the deadline as been crossed for you to go with them, But if not bud me, Ric off the forum and a few others are traveling down, We are getting the ferry from harwich and going that way we are camping right next to the F1 circuit and will be meeting up with the others when we are there. welcome to join us :)

ok i will contact edgar and see if there is still 1 room avalible, if so its going to be £300 for the room is 1 or people sleep in it, that comes with a breakfast so its not bad if there is 2 peeps.

send me your number so i can call you if there is 1 room avalible so we can sort out payment.

Ferry out (Dover - Dunkirk) Thurs 23rd JULY at 6am £21

Ferry in (Dunkirk - Dover) Tues 28th JULY at 4pm £19

Ferry is at least 4x that price now :(

Might go the whole hog and use the tunnel instead.

Ferry is at least 4x that price now :(

Might go the whole hog and use the tunnel instead.

The tunnel/ferry costs do tend to align if you don't have a long notice period, unfortunately.

Don't forget that although the tunnel is much quicker (and not subject to adverse weather and French port blockades) you don't get the opportunity to rest quite as much (or eat/nip to the loo) but also it lands you 20 miles further away from the Ring than getting the ferry to Dunkerque.

• 2 weeks later...

T- shirts for this trip will be done for Llandow so i will bring them with me, Payment on collection is preffered but no worries if you have no money at Llandow i will grab it off you when we are in germany they are £12 Each

Here is the logo for the supra

supra teetshirt.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg